• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A leader or better not

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Imagine you were at a point in your professional career, when you earn enough money to make a decent life. Your work as a consultant and your expertise as well as problem solving capabilities are legendary. And you can go own like that until you die.
And then you have two or three activities in which you took on an innovative leadership role. Hesingtatingly, cause you dont like too much responsibility.
But then comes a point, when push comes to show and you have to make the decision. Go all the way and take on responsibility or live on the good job.

I dont know.

I even PMed Kali Muscle but no help:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people just don't enjoy management, and if a certain career track seems to force them into it if they want to move up, they should consider whether it's the right one for them. Nobody works at their best when they hate what they're doing.

That isn't to say that there aren't cases where a person has a comfort zone and would find they liked leadership if they were to break out of it, just that many other people who don't go for it know very well who they are. I work in a group of people like this who would rather be technical builders, having got out of one where there wasn't room for that difference.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Some people just don't enjoy management, and if a certain career track seems to force them into it if they want to move up, they should consider whether it's the right one for them. Nobody works at their best when they hate what they're doing.

That isn't to say that there aren't cases where a person has a comfort zone and would find they liked leadership if they were to break out of it, just that many other people who don't go for it know very well who they are. I work in a group of people like this who would rather be technical builders, having got out of one where there wasn't room for that difference.

And do you think I could do it?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I had a job as ICT manager for 10 years. The company and responsibility only kept growing. I left the company 2 months ago for a job as "system engineer" (/consultant) cause it's too much stress and that's not what I want in life. For all I know I might even quit IT altogether at some point.

This is a choice only you can make for yourself.

Lark

The story of Gideon in the bible is interesting on this point.

Gideon led the hebrews to victory over an adversary, he used smart tactics to give the impression of numbers when he had none etc. real Tsu Szu stuff, then when they had prevailed he took payment and left the leader scene, its held up as a archetype of progressive leadership by a lot of libertarians, anarchists, commie sorts who know scripture even, as sort of emergency powers in action, but there is an alternative interpretation, I think its the RCC interpretation still, that he should have stuck around and given them the benefit of his knowledge and wise leadership instead of taking payment and leaving the scene, that the nation suffered as a consequence.

I just mention it because its interesting and sticks in my mind.

I dont have the answer on this score, I've come to believe that you either do die the hero or live long enough to be thought of as the villain.