• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Putting troubled kids in strict environments is big business for Camelot Education

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm late to this thread... Bored and skimming through random forums, lol... Definitely don't think it's right to beat students, but many of these kids are incorrigible. If the kid actively tries to defy the teacher or act aggressive, the teacher has a right to defend him or herself and if necessary, call for police backup.

My sister just completed her first year of teaching Language Arts in a public middle school. She is pretty even-keeled and knows how to engage with her students in the classroom setting in a way that is conducive to their learning. However, many of these kids are openly defiant and have indicated that they don't want to be there and that their parents don't care one way or another if they cut class and roam the halls.

Such kids should never even be allowed to go to school, since they obviously don't want to be there. You shouldn't have to be in school if you don't want to be... Dropping out is always an option, the way I see it. Let 'em drop out and see how badly society treats high school dropouts, and they'll be coming back on bended knee begging to be allowed to finish or get their GED (which, from what I heard, is no easy feat).