• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good idea or bad idea?

Is Pointer Dog Marketing a good name?

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to name a marketing corporation the following:

Pointer Dog Marketing

I'm not sure what specific niche in marketing I will pursue, but the name is a reference to the fact Pointer Dogs point towards game. In this case, customers are the hunter and companies are the game.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the concept. Especially with a sleek logo. Maybe pick a specific breed of pointer's name? I think more specific would evoke a stronger image.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the concept. Especially with a sleek logo. Maybe pick a specific breed of pointer's name? I think more specific would evoke a stronger image.

English Pointer Marketing?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you think about shortening the name to just "Pointer Marketing"?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think about shortening the name to just "Pointer Marketing"?

That might work. It depends on if that domain is available. 99.99% of the business is on the internet, so the website is the most important part.

edit: It appears just "pointer marketing"is already copyrighted:
www.pointermarketinginc.com

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
please stop tagging me in threads:cry:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Not sure the word "dog" would be appropriate unless canines were involved; it might confuse people.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It sounds cool, and it's a name that could work for many types of businesses. For some reason I imagined a pub or coffee shop with that name (minus the Marketing part)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Hmmm, I would shorten and modernize it. Even "Point Marketing" gets the point across and is to the point. (heh heh heh...) The dog image would still totally work, but I think it would be best approached from a modern, minimalist angle - not too many details, maybe more of an outline or bold color usage.

I'm that weird INFJ that loves sales.

Fuck. Maybe I should have been a graphic designer? Ah well, life is ruined now anyway so who cares :newwink:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I would share that particular story with prospective customers as to how you came up with the name BUT: I think the name is catchy and sticks in ones memory, so it works.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pointer Dog Marketing is available, Point Marketing is already copyrighted. Basically, most 2-word names are already taken. I need a 3 word name to avoid buying out a name.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure the word "dog" would be appropriate unless canines were involved; it might confuse people.

I am being paid by small businesses to attract customers to them. I have 4 packages:

997 per month, which includes all "free marketing"
1997 per month, which has everything 997 has, plus paid ads
4997 per month, which allows more spending on paid ads as well as market exclusivity
9997 per month, which is even more ad spending, as well as total exclusivity

I also offer your first month with a money-back guarantee, as well as a free website check-up to spot problems with the website.

I'm leaning towards specializing in restaurants, since I love to eat, but there are thousands of other sectors I may eventually expand into.

Permabanned
I am being paid by small businesses to attract customers to them. I have 4 packages:

997 per month, which includes all "free marketing"
1997 per month, which has everything 997 has, plus paid ads
4997 per month, which allows more spending on paid ads as well as market exclusivity
9997 per month, which is even more ad spending, as well as total exclusivity

I also offer your first month with a money-back guarantee, as well as a free website check-up to spot problems with the website.

I'm leaning towards specializing in restaurants, since I love to eat, but there are thousands of other sectors I may eventually expand into.

which make money on the internet ebook did you buy :coffee:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
knawledge. are you in your garage
Soon, ye with little faith, soon! :) I heard good reviews about this particular program, and it comes with a money-back guarantee. What I did is copy everything in the program to my computer with pirating software, and now I'm going to get my money back before the warranty runs out.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Soon, ye with little faith, soon! :) I heard good reviews about this particular program, and it comes with a money-back guarantee. What I did is copy everything in the program to my computer with pirating software, and now I'm going to get my money back before the warranty runs out.

Between doing marketing and trying to get back into the lawnmower biz, I could grow these companies and make decent money. Plus, I can continue Pharmacy tech part-time as a safety net until its clear that I am not going to crash and burn anytime soon.

7-figures per annum by the end of the next decade or bust.

Permabanned

ebooks and vids?

Permabanned
Between doing marketing and trying to get back into the lawnmower biz, I could grow these companies and make decent money. Plus, I can continue Pharmacy tech part-time as a safety net until its clear that I am not going to crash and burn anytime soon.

7-figures per annum by the end of the next decade quarter or bust.

baleave