The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default Best masters after getting a BA in General Studies

I'm getting a garbage degree in general studies, but want to get a job that makes lots of money. Despite my medical problems maybe being a disqualifier, I'm going to see if I can lie my way into the navy so I can maybe pay for a masters in something lucrative, but I'm not sure if that will work. Do I honestly have any other options for payment while I'm at it? By the way, what is the most lucrative masters?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    I'm getting a garbage degree in general studies, but want to get a job that makes lots of money. Despite my medical problems maybe being a disqualifier, I'm going to see if I can lie my way into the navy so I can maybe pay for a masters in something lucrative, but I'm not sure if that will work. Do I honestly have any other options for payment while I'm at it? By the way, what is the most lucrative masters?
    Try they navy, they'll pay for it.

Bio-statistics is #1 according to Forbes
    Statistics
    Engineering
    Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy
    Computer Science
    Information System Management
    Speech-Language Pathology

Worst
    Criminal Justice is #1
    Architecture
    Theology
    Elementary Education
    Art History
    Journalism
    Library Science
    Construction Management
    Sports Management
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes ~MS*ANGEL~, The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I second @ceecee on this

... Then again, I may be a teensy bit biased towards men in uniform.

Anyway - computer science is also quite high in demand especially cyber security (my dream career path). I'd be happy to offer you some advice if you're ever considering getting into that field.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

particle physics
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Typh0n, peter pettishrooms liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    I second @ceecee on this

... Then again, I may be a teensy bit biased towards men in uniform.

Anyway - computer science is also quite high in demand especially cyber security (my dream career path). I'd be happy to offer you some advice if you're ever considering getting into that field.
    I would welcome advice. I stayed with CVS over a raise with walgreens for now since I know CVS will not keep me past 9, and that's nice while in school. Right now, though, 20 hours a week and 12.64 an hour is a little low to live on. I will do what is most lucrative.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes ~MS*ANGEL~ liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    I would welcome advice. I stayed with CVS over a raise with walgreens for now since I know CVS will not keep me past 9, and that's nice while in school. Right now, though, 20 hours a week and 12.64 an hour is a little low to live on. I will do what is most lucrative.
    Hmm - in that case, I'd recommend getting into computer science if you feel up to the challenge. There are sites that offer free courses to get you started, like Codecademy and FreeCodeCamp.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Seems like computers will be promising. My cousin's boyfriend works in computers, and told me some interesting things when I spoke to him at Christmas reunion. He told me there will be a need for 500,000 computer scientists in Europe, and that there will never be enough. The reason he told me that was because I told him I wanted to work with computers, especially statistics. Busniess intelligence he told me, analyzing databases and stats of companies, will be in especially high demand.

I wanna get into this field too, since it's something that suits me, and you make good money, plus it seems it will be in high demand in the future...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Seems like computers will be promising. My cousin's boyfriend works in computers, and told me some interesting things when I spoke to him at Christmas reunion. He told me there will be a need for 500,000 computer scientists in Europe, and that there will never be enough. The reason he told me that was because I told him I wanted to work with computers, especially statistics. Busniess intelligence he told me, analyzing databases and stats of companies, will be in especially high demand.

I wanna get into this field too, since it's something that suits me, and you make good money, plus it seems it will be in high demand in the future...
    If you like statistics, I would absolutely encourage you to pursue it. I've found a lot of math people, my physics husband included, really hate statistics. I'm always mystified by this. I have some friends that are in the field, one is an actuary, two are statisticians. And you can work in so many industries, it's very flexible.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Typh0n, The Wailing Specter liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    If you like statistics, I would absolutely encourage you to pursue it. I've found a lot of math people, my physics husband included, really hate statistics. I'm always mystified by this. I have some friends that are in the field, one is an actuary, two are statisticians. And you can work in so many industries, it's very flexible.
    I really love statistics. I've never been a math/physics person (though I am good at math, I just find it too abstract in itself). Thanks!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm better at math than a lot of people, assuming I have paper to work it out or a calculator. My mental math can give weird results. I'm even better at straight-up memorizing things, which is odd given how forgetful I am in day-to-day life. If I make a special effort to mentally record an event, it will stay there forever. 2 years ago, a phychologist asked my to remember the words "Cow", "Eyedropper", and "Happiness" for 10 minutes, and it is still remember it. I did a statistics class, and it was interesting.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)