• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sales People

Universal mind

I've been in sales and marketing for the last eight years, (so pretty much my entire adult life up to this point)

There's so many types of sales people out there, I was wondering what MBTI types are best suited for a sales career?

Also if anybody has any experience in sales and what your type is?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Anyways. Thats just my story. Im not in sales or anything- not going into sales either. Id say probably most likely to go into sales- like up the corporate ladder sales- is probably SJ types-especially ESXJ. I know that- while it was fun then to sell stuff- as a career- eh- I feel like it would get old fast for some reason- it would be too regimented in some way.

Independent sales- if thats a thing- I could see being a Pe sort of deal.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sales is about motivation to get more for less... what types are attracted to this is entirely silly, given that most everyone is willing to get ahead of another when able... what type of person wouldn't want to give up something lesser for something more? an unmotivated person... hell, i have a bridge for sale right now, are you interested?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm an ENFP and I was in sales for a while, I ultimately left because I made very little money, it was less important to me than connecting with people. I used to drive my boss nuts with how open I was with people. I just couldnt see them as customers.
img-thing

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
All life is sales and best suited are those who can cope with people. ESFJ for instance.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
All life is sales and best suited are those who can cope with people. ESFJ for instance.

I recall the ones I knew as quite good, but there was also this INTJ fellow who did remarkably well dispite his obvious loathing for those he sold too. I've never seen anything like it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I recall the ones I knew as quite good, but there was also this INTJ fellow who did remarkably well dispite his obvious loathing for those he sold too. I've never seen anything like it

Wait till you meet the real World. More cruelness awaits :)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I did sales once-hated it. I quit after a week.