• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants? I'm thinking if I find something like that, it will be the ultimate security. Even though most people do pretty much everything better than me, I've found I'm usually willing to slog through and do the things people don't like to do. Now, almost 13/hour isn't bad, but I'm wondering if there is anything that pays better that is so unpleasant I might be one of the few people to do it?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The first idea that strikes me is dog walking. By walking peoples dogs you can earn decent money and you just need a pair of legs basically. Another option is to house sit for someone while they are away. Truck driver is another easy job that requires no qualifications as far as I know and is perfect for an introvert like yourself as you can just drive and not have to speak to people for hours on end. (Is the teaching job you wanted not panning out well?)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The first idea that strikes me is dog walking. By walking peoples dogs you can earn decent money and you just need a pair of legs basically. Another option is to house sit for someone while they are away. Truck driver is another easy job that requires no qualifications as far as I know and is perfect for an introvert like yourself as you can just drive and not have to speak to people for hours on end. (Is the teaching job you wanted not panning out well?)

No, I dumped a whole lot of money into training for it, and its just not a fit. No job really is, but I'm still willing to do anything legal, if only just the bare minimum to scrape by so I can get back to doing things I actually like, such as sitting on the porch, meditating, or driving places I haven't been before. Basically, I like variety within the limits of having to do more or less the same thing everyday. So variety, but still not much variety, since work is only an income to me, in the end. I'm solidly mediocre on pretty much everything, but I'm persistent, and given enough time and freedom to complete a task, it will be done well. I avoid competition when I can, since it flusters me and I tend to do worse if I know I'm having to outmatch somebody else. I mentioned Truck Driver to my mom, but she said I would be worse at that than when I tried Nursing. She said if I didn't want to do Teaching, to do Social Work. I don't see myself doing too well at social work, because I'm always just wanting to get the job done so I have free time. I could put on a friendly mask like I do as a pharmacy technician, but that gets exhausting after a while. Of course, I'm afraid to do anything TOO repetitive, because robots will eventually take those jobs over.

Edit: My life is a meme:

Seeks life purpose.

Is assigned one, doesn't like it/fails at it.

The best I can say about teaching is that I believe, in the most general sense, that an educated populace is a generally good idea.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I dumped a whole lot of money into training for it, and its just not a fit. No job really is, but I'm still willing to do anything legal, if only just the bare minimum to scrape by so I can get back to doing things I actually like, such as sitting on the porch, meditating, or driving places I haven't been before. Basically, I like variety within the limits of having to do more or less the same thing everyday. So variety, but still not much variety, since work is only an income to me, in the end. I'm solidly mediocre on pretty much everything, but I'm persistent, and given enough time and freedom to complete a task, it will be done well. I avoid competition when I can, since it flusters me and I tend to do worse if I know I'm having to outmatch somebody else. I mentioned Truck Driver to my mom, but she said I would be worse at that than when I tried Nursing. She said if I didn't want to do Teaching, to do Social Work. I don't see myself doing too well at social work, because I'm always just wanting to get the job done so I have free time. I could put on a friendly mask like I do as a pharmacy technician, but that gets exhausting after a while. Of course, I'm afraid to do anything TOO repetitive, because robots will eventually take those jobs over.

Edit: My life is a meme:

Seeks life purpose.

Is assigned one, doesn't like it/fails at it.

The best I can say about teaching is that I believe, in the most general sense, that an educated populace is a generally good idea.

Yeah, Truck Driving is the worst if you want free time. Judging by what you are looking for, self-employment is the only certain option. The jobs that pay well that no one wants to do are often "in the shadows" in that they are not well known (i.e. working on oil rig, sewer worker, etc.). But I'm missing the main point. What do you like to do the most? What are your interests?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, Truck Driving is the worst if you want free time. Judging by what you are looking for, self-employment is the only certain option. The jobs that pay well that no one wants to do are often "in the shadows" in that they are not well known (i.e. working on oil rig, sewer worker, etc.). But I'm missing the main point. What do you like to do the most? What are your interests?

I like long naps in the forest, taking walks around town, and daydreaming. I also really enjoy eating at buffets.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Look into industry jobs that don't require a degree: lab technicians, field technicians, plant operators, logistics, scheduling, etc. I work in oil and gas but mining companies, pharmaceutical, petrochemical plants, etc. all need these kinds of workers and from what I know most companies in the U.S. don't ask for a degree, it's just a matter of being in the right place when they need those workers. It depends where you are located and what you're interested in, but if you're in a state with heavy industry and it sounds interesting to you I would say really consider it because the money these jobs pay is ridiculous and many companies need staff to train for them. Also, these are the perfect jobs if you want to just get the job done and move on, like you mentioned.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm. I know it involves some competition but... photography?

Maybe. I'm not sure how to get started in the field. I'm horrible at marketing things. The funny thing is that my eyes have gotten so much more nearsighted than they used to be that cameras often substitute for my eyes when I'm trying to see something far away, like across a room. My glasses keep getting thicker, but even though it should have evened out by now, they keep getting worse.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Look into industry jobs that don't require a degree: lab technicians, field technicians, plant operators, logistics, scheduling, etc. I work in oil and gas but mining companies, pharmaceutical, petrochemical plants, etc. all need these kinds of workers and from what I know most companies in the U.S. don't ask for a degree, it's just a matter of being in the right place when they need those workers. It depends where you are located and what you're interested in, but if you're in a state with heavy industry and it sounds interesting to you I would say really consider it because the money these jobs pay is ridiculous and many companies need staff to train for them.

I live in a very depressed area. I'm almost scared to leave my pharmacy technician job, since though it is a purgatory, I know my place there. I was offered to go work for the competitor for 50 cents more, but I'm too busy getting a degree I don't actually want but feel obligated to get since I got a scholarship and my mom would be disappointed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently found out that there is a whole house-sitting market where people create profiles to be hired to watch people's homes and possibly pets while they are away.

trustedhousesitters.com
housesittersamerica.com
luxuryhousesitting.com

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I recently found out that there is a whole house-sitting market where people create profiles to be hired to watch people's homes and possibly pets while they are away.

trustedhousesitters.com
housesittersamerica.com
luxuryhousesitting.com

I'm a bit of a slob at my own home, but I could be still be a housekeeper, despite generally not liking that kind of stuff.

(Of course, almost anything USEFUL I could do is something I'll dislike, but I'm willing to do anything if I can live on it and it make more than I do now, otherwise, I'd best stick with what I know I'm mediocre at than try something new and fail.)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you can find something easily accessible to you where you live, but impossible to find other places, you can always sell it on ebay. The stranger the better.

Man makes a living selling tumbleweed on ebay
Utah man makes his living selling tumbleweeds | fox13now.com

I know another guy second-hand who sells cacti on ebay.

I can't really think of anything, unless I'm selling grass and wood branches to the desert. Not as cool as tumbleweeds, though. To be honest, I'm leaning towards the job I just found where people clean up after murders and suicides. It pays well, has job security, and I might be relatively free of competition since so few people want a job like that.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, one more thing which I actually use. Digital downloads for sale! Whoo-hoo! The one area I've wanted to explore but haven't is phone apps. If you have catchy ideas and create sounds, images, stories, etc., then you can sell those for download online and once it's up you don't have to do much more work. My goal is to have at least 100 things selling online as digital downloads.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I live in a very depressed area. I'm almost scared to leave my pharmacy technician job, since though it is a purgatory, I know my place there. I was offered to go work for the competitor for 50 cents more, but I'm too busy getting a degree I don't actually want but feel obligated to get since I got a scholarship and my mom would be disappointed.
Oh that's a cool job! Can you get them to pay for your pharmacy degree? Are there any pharmaceutical plants nearby? Cause their equipment and lab techs make really good money from what I've heard.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh that's a cool job! Can you get them to pay for your pharmacy degree? Are there any pharmaceutical plants nearby? Cause their equipment and lab techs make really good money from what I've heard.

Oh, I'm doing a teaching degree. I WAS going to do pharmacy (read full-blown PharmD Pharmacist), but my mom wanted me to use my scholarship nearby, so I at first did sociology then switched to teaching since sociology is kinda useless. Now I wish I stuck with sociology because teaching is harder and I decided I'm not even going to teach. At this point, I'm going to finish out my degree, but I think its kinda useless.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, one more thing which I actually use. Digital downloads for sale! Whoo-hoo! The one area I've wanted to explore but haven't is phone apps. If you have catchy ideas and create sounds, images, stories, etc., then you can sell those for download online and once it's up you don't have to do much more work. My goal is to have at least 100 things selling online as digital downloads.

Hmmmm...I don't know how to do that. Granted, if its anything like the novelist path I tried, that was an epic failure. I've made only $15 in a little over 3 and a half years from that. Averages out to about 4.50 a year extra income. That just isn't worth my time.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Oh, I'm doing a teaching degree. I WAS going to do pharmacy (read full-blown PharmD Pharmacist), but my mom wanted me to use my scholarship nearby, so I at first did sociology then switched to teaching since sociology is kinda useless. Now I wish I stuck with sociology because teaching is harder and I decided I'm not even going to teach. At this point, I'm going to finish out my degree, but I think its kinda useless.
Hmmm I can't say I know anything about either industries/job potential but I do know a few people who have completed Ed degrees, and because they weren't able to find something locally, they've gone on to teach abroad. I know it's a little out there but I've been told there are a lot of cool options once you find a good placement. Just a suggestion to consider.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By the way, my Pharmacy Chain is CVS Pharmacy and I get 12.70/hour from them. Walgreens just offered me 13.25, but I'm fairly comfortable with CVS. 55 cents is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't want to piss off CVS or leave and have somebody take my place after something goes wrong at Walgreens. If I wasn't in school getting that degree I do not really want, I would just do both and keep them secret from each other, just calling each other, "my other job, and I'd rather not say where it is".

From what I hear, there is a nuclear compounding pharmacy (think radiation and clean rooms) that starts off techs at 18 an hour, but that only takes full time.

All in all, I have nothing bad to say about CVS besides just boredom due to nothing ever going wrong.