The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealisticSlumbers View Post
    Undertaker. Only requires an associate's degree, if that, and you need to get licensed in your state. Nobody else wants jobs in the mortuary biz... too much of a reminder of reality they'd rather not face but us INFPs aren't so bothered by. People die every day so your job is pretty much guaranteed for life. If helping to prepare bodies isn't really your thing you could become a funeral director. All you do is schedule the date and venue for the funeral, arrange the services the family asked for, whether cremation or embalming for a viewing, and order the casket or urn. Print out the programs and maintain the individual's web page on the funeral home's website for people to write their condolences. I've been to my share of funerals and that is pretty much standard procedure. I always thought that job would be pretty easy, if you managed to get into it, which shouldn't be too hard as most would much rather work at Mickey D's than be around dead people.
    You can even do that with a degree in general studies, then?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I just heard that the local hospital is hiring sonigram technicians at $44 an hour and nobody is around to fill the position. The closest training program for a 1 year certificate is 2 hours driving away, though.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

They tend to be "dirty jobs" or jobs with high risk of injury or death. They're likely to be longer hours, i.e. garbage collection, working on an oil rig, etc. These positions pay far more than a fast food worker or hair stylist for very good reason.

there is almost always going to be a trade-off. These also tend to be thankless, invisible positions in society, so don't expect the same sort of default recognition that police and firefighters will receive, even though many of these jobs carry a similar risk of injury or death.

Make sure you have decent life insurance if you are seriously considering this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    They tend to be "dirty jobs" or jobs with high risk of injury or death. They're likely to be longer hours, i.e. garbage collection, working on an oil rig, etc. These positions pay far more than a fast food worker or hair stylist for very good reason.

there is almost always going to be a trade-off. These also tend to be thankless, invisible positions in society, so don't expect the same sort of default recognition that police and firefighters will receive, even though many of these jobs carry a similar risk of injury or death.

Make sure you have decent life insurance if you are seriously considering this.
    For who? When I am dead, there is nobody else who will care for me, or that I care about. I just want some serious financial security.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    You can even do that with a degree in general studies, then?
    I believe so, Specter. I looked this up online, and I'm sure it's a bit different in every state. But yeah, talk about job security. You might want to take a "field trip" to your local funeral home and chat with the people working there about what it is they do, and how they got into this business. People who work in funeral homes are typically very nice people, from my experience. They know how to calmly arrange services and coordinate the viewing/memorial service, while being empathetic to the family of the deceased.
    Couple mercilessly shot, unidentified for over 40 years... Who are Jacques & Jane Doe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumter_County_Does
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh, I had another idea, OP!! Start your own religion.
    Couple mercilessly shot, unidentified for over 40 years... Who are Jacques & Jane Doe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumter_County_Does

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Speaking of jobs, if you watch "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe that's going to give you a whole lot of ideas.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes uumlau, Fate liked this post

CEO, CFO,CTO,COO, etc
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.