• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Undertaker. Only requires an associate's degree, if that, and you need to get licensed in your state. Nobody else wants jobs in the mortuary biz... too much of a reminder of reality they'd rather not face but us INFPs aren't so bothered by. People die every day so your job is pretty much guaranteed for life. If helping to prepare bodies isn't really your thing you could become a funeral director. All you do is schedule the date and venue for the funeral, arrange the services the family asked for, whether cremation or embalming for a viewing, and order the casket or urn. Print out the programs and maintain the individual's web page on the funeral home's website for people to write their condolences. I've been to my share of funerals and that is pretty much standard procedure. I always thought that job would be pretty easy, if you managed to get into it, which shouldn't be too hard as most would much rather work at Mickey D's than be around dead people.

You can even do that with a degree in general studies, then?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just heard that the local hospital is hiring sonigram technicians at $44 an hour and nobody is around to fill the position. The closest training program for a 1 year certificate is 2 hours driving away, though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They tend to be "dirty jobs" or jobs with high risk of injury or death. They're likely to be longer hours, i.e. garbage collection, working on an oil rig, etc. These positions pay far more than a fast food worker or hair stylist for very good reason.

there is almost always going to be a trade-off. These also tend to be thankless, invisible positions in society, so don't expect the same sort of default recognition that police and firefighters will receive, even though many of these jobs carry a similar risk of injury or death.

Make sure you have decent life insurance if you are seriously considering this.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They tend to be "dirty jobs" or jobs with high risk of injury or death. They're likely to be longer hours, i.e. garbage collection, working on an oil rig, etc. These positions pay far more than a fast food worker or hair stylist for very good reason.

there is almost always going to be a trade-off. These also tend to be thankless, invisible positions in society, so don't expect the same sort of default recognition that police and firefighters will receive, even though many of these jobs carry a similar risk of injury or death.

Make sure you have decent life insurance if you are seriously considering this.

For who? When I am dead, there is nobody else who will care for me, or that I care about. I just want some serious financial security.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can even do that with a degree in general studies, then?

I believe so, Specter. I looked this up online, and I'm sure it's a bit different in every state. But yeah, talk about job security. You might want to take a "field trip" to your local funeral home and chat with the people working there about what it is they do, and how they got into this business. People who work in funeral homes are typically very nice people, from my experience. They know how to calmly arrange services and coordinate the viewing/memorial service, while being empathetic to the family of the deceased.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Speaking of jobs, if you watch "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe that's going to give you a whole lot of ideas.