User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    By the way, my Pharmacy Chain is CVS Pharmacy and I get 12.70/hour from them. Walgreens just offered me 13.25, but I'm fairly comfortable with CVS. 55 cents is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't want to piss off CVS or leave and have somebody take my place after something goes wrong at Walgreens. If I wasn't in school getting that degree I do not really want, I would just do both and keep them secret from each other, just calling each other, "my other job, and I'd rather not say where it is".

From what I hear, there is a nuclear compounding pharmacy (think radiation and clean rooms) that starts off techs at 18 an hour, but that only takes full time.

All in all, I have nothing bad to say about CVS besides just boredom due to nothing ever going wrong.
    That sounds pretty standard for pharmacy techs so don't feel bad esp. if you enjoy it. I know someone who was a lab tech for a pharmaceutical manufacturer and I know they get paid really well and there are a lot of career growth options there too, just not really sure how you get into it.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    That sounds pretty standard for pharmacy techs so don't feel bad esp. if you enjoy it. I know someone who was a lab tech for a pharmaceutical manufacturer and I know they get paid really well and there are a lot of career growth options there too, just not really sure how you get into it.
    My mom told me to do a dual enrollment with the technical college while I was in high school. I'm better off for it.

For somebody who is unhappy all the time, being neutral about CVS is actually pretty good. I have depression that is medicine and therapy resistant, so everything tends towards blah.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cat Brainz, ThaumaturgicTheorist liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    My mom told me to do a dual enrollment with the technical college while I was in high school. I'm better off for it.

For somebody who is unhappy all the time, being neutral about CVS is actually pretty good. I have depression that is medicine and therapy resistant, so everything tends towards blah.
    I'm really sorry to hear, do hang in there. I bet you you'll be able to find good options within the company itself anyway.

I live in a very depressed area. I'm almost scared to leave my pharmacy technician job, since though it is a purgatory, I know my place there. I was offered to go work for the competitor for 50 cents more, but I'm too busy getting a degree I don't actually want but feel obligated to get since I got a scholarship and my mom would be disappointed.
    My advice would be to carry on working as you are. I know you are unhappy and that it sucks but trust me firstly get the business with the degree sorted out before you go anywhere as the first order of things is to make sure you are secure as the last thing you want to do is throw your degree away as it seems that you have had to work hard on it and then once your finish up see if you feel differently. You seem unhappy with your home environment and life (Read your profile but don't exactly know how unhappy you feel) and seek to go somewhere else to escape. Sorry if am making assumptions that are not correct and feel free to correct me on anything. I would consider your mothers opinion as she sounds like she has good judgment.

"I think you could stomach cleaning blood and guts as your avatar shows you to have a strong stomach".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    My advice would be to carry on working as you are. I know you are unhappy and that it sucks but trust me firstly get the business with the degree sorted out before you go anywhere as the first order of things is to make sure you are secure as the last thing you want to do is throw your degree away as it seems that you have had to work hard on it and then once your finish up see if you feel differently. You seem unhappy with your home environment and life (Read your profile but don't exactly know how unhappy you feel) and seek to go somewhere else to escape. Sorry if am making assumptions that are not correct and feel free to correct me on anything. I would consider your mothers opinion as she sounds like she has good judgment.

"I think you could stomach cleaning blood and guts as your avatar shows you to have a strong stomach".
    I dozed off in an observation today and got banned from that school when I only have 1 hour left to observe to pass this one class. I'm looking around for other schools to get my last hour.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

I dozed off in an observation today and got banned from that school when I only have 1 hour left to observe to pass this one class. I'm looking around for other schools to get my last hour.
    You mean that you fell asleep during class and they banned you. I don't understand how schools work where you live but that seems harsh.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

You mean that you fell asleep during class and they banned you. I don't understand how schools work where you live but that seems harsh.
    I'm a student observer. I'm just glad I'm not in jail for not staying within all the guidelines of my contract. One of the clauses was not to sleep. Unless I find another school, I'll fail this class.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

I'm a student observer. I'm just glad I'm not in jail for not staying within all the guidelines of my contract. One of the clauses was not to sleep. Unless I find another school, I'll fail this class.
    I don't know what to say as I don't know the systems in the place where you live but I hope you find a way out of this sticky situation you seem to be in. The laws where you live seem very draconian if you can go to jail for violating the guidelines of a contract. You live in Louisiana according to your profile which (no offense) I heard has a lot of weird and backwards laws and codes from what I have heard. I hope things get better for you for your sake. (I hope I didn't overwhelm you with the hug). Feel free to rant to myself or any others in anyway you want to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I don't know what to say as I don't know the systems in the place where you live but I hope you find a way out of this sticky situation you seem to be in. The laws where you live seem very draconian if you can go to jail for violating the guidelines of a contract. You live in Louisiana according to your profile which (no offense) I heard has a lot of weird and backwards laws and codes from what I have heard. I hope things get better for you for your sake. (I hope I didn't overwhelm you with the hug). Feel free to rant to myself or any others in anyway you want to.
    I have to come up with a better excuse than staying up late to finish some homework, then dozing off while under a contract that had a no sleep clause. My city is not only depressed, but it is also the prison capital of the world. New Orleans is second only to us for most people locked up as a % of the population. We have for-profit prisons that make money from taxes the more people they lock up, and since bribery is one of the few things legal here that isn't elsewhere, they keep bribing local officials for stricter and stricter laws. One guy got life in prison for stealing $31 in candy bars. In my opinion, that should have only been a couple weeks at the most followed by a couple of weeks in rehab to get to the root of why they steal. We go way overboard.

New Orleans man faces life in prison for stealing candy bars - NY Daily News

We also have a philosophy around how the weak should serve the strong and strong laws sort out the weaklings into their proper order in life. People survive here on bribes and Faustian pacts with each other. That's why its a crime now to feed homeless people. You'll both get locked up for violating the natural order.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

I have to come up with a better excuse than staying up late to finish some homework, then dozing off while under a contract that had a no sleep clause. My city is not only depressed, but it is also the prison capital of the world. New Orleans is second only to us for most people locked up as a % of the population. We have for-profit prisons that make money from taxes the more people they lock up, and since bribery is one of the few things legal here that isn't elsewhere, they keep bribing local officials for stricter and stricter laws. One guy got life in prison for stealing $31 in candy bars. In my opinion, that should have only been a couple weeks at the most followed by a couple of weeks in rehab to get to the root of why they steal. We go way overboard.
    I can see why you want to get the fuck out of where you live. Where you live seems the way you describe it to be a Charles Dickens esque social Darwinist dystopia. The above information has destroyed my soul a little inside knowing that in a modern first world nation there is still shit like that going on. Disgusting about the man who got 20 years to life for stealing candy (Reading the story made my blood boil). I've seen child rapists and murderers get less than that both in America and the UK. I hope you can get a successful ticket out of that dystopia into more enlightened lands.

Where I come from in the UK isn't exactly uptopia ether. We have elderly people freezing to death in the winter due to greedy capalist gas companies and various other social problems.