• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants?

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
How do I get training in that? Is there a course I have to take? I have a little minicooper that is very reliable.
I have to admit that I earned this job through nepotism lol. So I didn't have to go through an interview. But I still had to receive training from an experienced coworker on my first day. For the first day or so, you work alongside the person training you. When you finally get the hang of it, you're able to work alone which is great. Although I haven't much experience inspecting homes, rather condos. So working with houses can take hours, while a condo can take up to 15 minutes.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I have to admit that I earned this job through nepotism lol. So I didn't have to go through an interview. But I still had to receive training from an experienced coworker on my first day. For the first day or so, you work alongside the person training you. When you finally get the hang of it, you're able to work alone which is great. Although I haven't much experience inspecting homes, rather condos. So working with houses can take hours, while a condo can take up to 15 minutes.

I have to admit, I would have never thought of home inspection. It's worth a shot and the idea of starting my own consultation business is nice since I will not rely on the whims and preferences of one boss after that...only the desires of my customers. How many hours do you rack up in a week, usually? Is it standard practice to round up to the next hour or do fractional hours?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants? I'm thinking if I find something like that, it will be the ultimate security. Even though most people do pretty much everything better than me, I've found I'm usually willing to slog through and do the things people don't like to do. Now, almost 13/hour isn't bad, but I'm wondering if there is anything that pays better that is so unpleasant I might be one of the few people to do it?

My cousin told me repairing cell phone towers pays pretty damn well. I'm not sure how much training you need, but considering you need to climb up there...

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have to admit, I would have never thought of home inspection. It's worth a shot and the idea of starting my own consultation business is nice since I will not rely on the whims and preferences of one boss after that...only the desires of my customers. How many hours do you rack up in a week, usually? Is it standard practice to round up to the next hour or do fractional hours?
I only worked part time and it's been a few years since I've last worked. Less than 30 hours a week definitely, but a few of the ladies I worked with went full-time. If I can remember correctly, fractional hours applied but I can't be too sure.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Linemen. It's one of the most dangerous jobs and it involves climbing those tall power poles in inclement weather, but the training period is relatively short (I think it's a couple of months.).

Plumber. Plumbers are always in demand, but the apprenticeship period is 4 years or so.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Easy to get? I dunno.. but jobs no one wants? TOONSSS of them. Usually no one wants them because the pay is low or the job is extremely dangerous.

Crab fishing, crime scene clean up, anything with dead bodies really, sewage work or anything involving power plants or radioactive stuff, truck driving or anything really really bad for your body, oil field work or anything involving being away from home for long periods of time... There's a LOT of things you can do that pay high and suck shit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Linemen. It's one of the most dangerous jobs and it involves climbing those tall power poles in inclement weather, but the training period is relatively short (I think it's a couple of months.).

My son is one. Well was, he's been promoted but that's what he started as. The training was a 2 year apprenticeship, classroom and hands on. Don't know if that's the case everywhere but it's extensive. He's also a journeyman.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Are there jobs out there that pay well, are easy to get in to, but that nobody wants? I'm thinking if I find something like that, it will be the ultimate security. Even though most people do pretty much everything better than me, I've found I'm usually willing to slog through and do the things people don't like to do. Now, almost 13/hour isn't bad, but I'm wondering if there is anything that pays better that is so unpleasant I might be one of the few people to do it?

Prostitution

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You don't need a degree for these?

Lab techs, phlebotomy, things like that, no. Most are certifications, maybe a year or a bit more to obtain. There are several allied health careers that don't need a degree although, there will be almost constant schooling/training.

skimpit

Pretty much any minimum wage job is unwanted. With the increase coming up, you could likely get hired for any job and enjoy it *shrugshrug*

Entry level jobs are unwanted because they are entry-level, plainly put. But if you work at it, you can achieve quite a bit. It's all about the details. There's so much going on behind-the-scenes and that is drama worthy, surely a sensitive person like yourself could find something wonderful to do that could help others but isn't considered, to put it bluntly, deep. Any place could use your contribution.

Personally I'd go for an underprivileged company. One's that struggling, or about to go under. Help them out, and they just might not die. Of bankruptcy, you know.

My suggestion is that although you may like naps in the forest, priorities are the most important thing. If it would make your mom disappointed to see you waste a good thing, then please don't waste it. It is noble to try to impress your mom, whatever your relationship is with her. Think of the bigger picture - emotional, logical, everything. There's a lot more to life and your situation than you may see currently.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much any minimum wage job is unwanted. With the increase coming up, you could likely get hired for any job and enjoy it *shrugshrug*

Entry level jobs are unwanted because they are entry-level, plainly put. But if you work at it, you can achieve quite a bit. It's all about the details. There's so much going on behind-the-scenes and that is drama worthy, surely a sensitive person like yourself could find something wonderful to do that could help others but isn't considered, to put it bluntly, deep. Any place could use your contribution.

Personally I'd go for an underprivileged company. One's that struggling, or about to go under. Help them out, and they just might not die. Of bankruptcy, you know.

My suggestion is that although you may like naps in the forest, priorities are the most important thing. If it would make your mom disappointed to see you waste a good thing, then please don't waste it. It is noble to try to impress your mom, whatever your relationship is with her. Think of the bigger picture - emotional, logical, everything. There's a lot more to life and your situation than you may see currently.
Thank you. If this hearing goes well, I'm sticking with teaching, more than likely. I just wanted to explore other options. I'm not going to stay up late to finish assignments anymore. That was a factor, plus I've been sick often (I've gotten pnemonia twice, and the second time it was the same time I had strept throat, ear infections, a sinus infection and a stomach bug all at once), been observing other schools, been working almost full time, and still been dealing with the deeper depression I've had from losing my grandmother on top of my usual lower level depression, plus dealing with insomnia and often staying up late just to get all my school work done. I don't want to teach as much as I'm going to let on, but I do want to a little bit, if only not to waste all the time and suffering I put into it before. I'm shocked the professor who was also an administrator at the school I got banned from didn't talk to me first. I also have a final in that class I've been trying to contact him about but he won't return my emails or calls. Maybe I can put a little shade on him in the meeting. Subtly and respectfully, of course, and less bad than what I'm about to go through, but a little discomfort can go a long way.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe. I'm not sure how to get started in the field. I'm horrible at marketing things. The funny thing is that my eyes have gotten so much more nearsighted than they used to be that cameras often substitute for my eyes when I'm trying to see something far away, like across a room. My glasses keep getting thicker, but even though it should have evened out by now, they keep getting worse.

If you do not care much for progression rubbish collection here pays pretty well as a standard wage.

This from 5 years ago...

Officially, workers who throw sacks into refuse wagons get a basic salary of £24,000 and drivers are paid £26,000. But, according to council figures, the true average wage last year, including overtime, was £28,000 and £32,000

bear in mind it's uk pounds, make the conversion, it's not bad.

skimpit

Thank you. If this hearing goes well, I'm sticking with teaching, more than likely. I just wanted to explore other options. I'm not going to stay up late to finish assignments anymore. That was a factor, plus I've been sick often (I've gotten pnemonia twice, and the second time it was the same time I had strept throat, ear infections, a sinus infection and a stomach bug all at once), been observing other schools, been working almost full time, and still been dealing with the deeper depression I've had from losing my grandmother on top of my usual lower level depression, plus dealing with insomnia and often staying up late just to get all my school work done. I don't want to teach as much as I'm going to let on, but I do want to a little bit, if only not to waste all the time and suffering I put into it before. I'm shocked the professor who was also an administrator at the school I got banned from didn't talk to me first. I also have a final in that class I've been trying to contact him about but he won't return my emails or calls. Maybe I can put a little shade on him in the meeting. Subtly and respectfully, of course, and less bad than what I'm about to go through, but a little discomfort can go a long way.

That shade should be amazing, since all professors deserve a little of that now and then. (It's in my opinion they don't expect it, so when you do do it to them, they'll get shocked and probably angry - perhaps deservedly.) ;) Stand up for yourself, friend. Don't let those teachers get to you!!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That shade should be amazing, since all professors deserve a little of that now and then. (It's in my opinion they don't expect it, so when you do do it to them, they'll get shocked and probably angry - perhaps deservedly.) ;) Stand up for yourself, friend. Don't let those teachers get to you!!

LOL, I flipped it on him. I still got probation, too, though. Meh, better than being kicked out. Of course, now my anxiety is messing up even a little since I'm being watched so closely, and I will not have a chance next time.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Undertaker. Only requires an associate's degree, if that, and you need to get licensed in your state. Nobody else wants jobs in the mortuary biz... too much of a reminder of reality they'd rather not face but us INFPs aren't so bothered by. People die every day so your job is pretty much guaranteed for life. If helping to prepare bodies isn't really your thing you could become a funeral director. All you do is schedule the date and venue for the funeral, arrange the services the family asked for, whether cremation or embalming for a viewing, and order the casket or urn. Print out the programs and maintain the individual's web page on the funeral home's website for people to write their condolences. I've been to my share of funerals and that is pretty much standard procedure. I always thought that job would be pretty easy, if you managed to get into it, which shouldn't be too hard as most would much rather work at Mickey D's than be around dead people.