• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you not like your type, in career choice and talents?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. Everyone has seen the, how are you not like your type threads, but with more of a focus I am wondering how many have a career that they are flourishing in, that goes against your type(any INFP plumbers out there?) or do you have any talents that go against your type description?

Thanks again.

á´…eparted

passages
Well, I am an ENFJ, and I am months away from getting a PhD in organic chemistry. That doesn't really match with the stereotypes of my type. I've always been very talented at science, and am quite good at the scientific process in general.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I work in a tech corporation and am working to become a data analysis person, including using code to mine databases. No elaboration needed. If an SFP description ever discouraged someone from trying this kind of work, that would be a shame.

The thing I am best at may be writing, which is also outside of stereotype because SPs are more often associated with visual arts and with struggling with words.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
isfjs are generally seen as housewives
don't want kids
not a mom
not a girl

talents? i guess people would say most isfjs are good at taking care of people. i am not

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an ENFJ who is in charge of A LOT of detail and I am ba. I create business strategies, efficiencies, and overall structure. Also, I am a technical writer.

My talent is long-term strategy... sometimes Fe can be extra effective because it factors in people so as not to create foreseeable rifts in the company or just to lessen the effects of inevitable situations.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm an ENTJ who hates the business world. Every time I hear some douche bags talk about marketing or the bottom line or whatever soul crushing garbage they are going on about I want to dump scalding hot coffee on them.

I'm ambitious, success is important to me but not in the vile cesspool that is business/marketing ect.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP behaviourist - reading body language can be important for doing my job well, which is why most 'in the field' 'animal whisperers' tend to be SFPs. They're the best at actually interacting with the animal - such as Jackson Galaxy. Other types of behaviourists tend to be focused on solving the problem (FJ's) or doing the research (Ns).

While my focus is mostly on the bridge formation between pet owner and animal, reading body language to see where the animal (and owner!)is coming from is kinda vital. Otoh, regarding writing articles on the subject, and raising awareness, I'm fully in the ENFP zone.

Working hard on 'mimicking' especially the ISFP style, atm, for this reason.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am in politics; I doubt that entps are generally bad at that but I think the last person you want to have there is an entp :).

Besides that I am pretty entp'ish I think, a hybrid in all things.
I dont discuss as much as american entps, at least I feel no need to. I have more answers to life than questions, answers working for me that maybe comes with age.

itsbobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w6
I'm entering into a driven, professional industry that goes against my creativity yet supports it at the same time.

My types indicate I am a creative but they don't indicate that I am a overdriven individual who logically works things out as much as emotionally! I want to get rich !!!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have all the weaknesses but none of the strengths. I'm pretty useless compared to most people of my type and suffer for it.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have all the weaknesses but none of the strengths. I'm pretty useless compared to most people of my type and suffer for it.

Im pretty sure that you are not useless :(. You are a teacher and pharma worker which is not bad for someone your age.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
An ITP in Music Performance.
If ISTP, then the Se makes sense sort of.
If INTP, I'm not sure what makes sense.
Apparently it's not unheard of for an ILI to be a musician.
Are 95x sp types commonly musicians?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in a criminal justice program and am hoping to become a juvenile probation officer, but will probably work as a CO or something for several years before that.I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't seem very INFP-ish.
Fun fact: I almost went for paralegal studies, but switched to CJ as there are way too many ESTJs in that field for my liking. No offense, ESTJs, just a personal preference. Plus, there is not much room for advancement, and advancement is really the only thing that motivates me. that and the slight possibility of making someone's life better.
Fun fact #2: I majored in social work during my first semester and hated it. It was way too sentimental and one-sided for me.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like computer games and I have no problems being a homebody for weeks at a time. I do have an urge to go out and do things after 3 weeks of inactivity though.

Also, I hate people, and I am not the life of a party.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I really thought for a very long time i was infp. But i was actually isfp. XD

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I work in administrative and service positions which I'm really really poor at.

However my emotional instability means this is all I'm able to get. I respect the good fortune that this represents, while looking for the distant hills of something else.
I'm working on it.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I failed to excel at sports :cry:. I am quite good at most sports mainly due to beig good at reading the moment, but didnt have the dedications to excel at anything specific.

I think a lot and constantly try to find the best way to think. This could be strong Ti? I do have a mercury-saturn combo which could be resulting in this.

When i was a kid i was very well behaved, listened to my parents and rarely broke the rules. I also was quiet and boring. Perhaps when i was younger i was depressed and as a e7 must have disintegrated to a e1? I wasn't pushing and aggressive either. I still am not aggressive or pushy but when i wan't to i can be exactly that.

I am scared of ghosts thogh has never seen one. Estps are supposed to be - also from what i have noticed - a more masculine type, so i guess being scared of ghosts is quite un-estpish.

Hugs bro! You are probably going through a 'am i good gor nothing' stage. Hope you'd get over this soon.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an ENFP who loves math and hates English.
I aspire to dominate the business world and I'm unafraid of being rude to get my points across.
I can be very objective and impersonal in workplace environments. Something about being at work just makes me think "WIN".

....That's all I can think of.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm an INTJ and I do health data analytics/health IT. It's pretty stereotypical.