• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you not like your type, in career choice and talents?

Fate

Let's see...
INTP.
I don't like arguing or debates unless I have to. I don't think I'm good at it nor even know the meaning of the words "argument" and "point".
I aspired to be a player in some sports like soccer. I envision myself to be a businessman/entrepreneur from time-to-time (mostly about game dev, which seems stereotypical to INTPs), which seems like an extrovert thing, in stereotypes.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFP

Wanted to go into engineering, was too dumb so I dropped out, currently have fantasies of entrepreneurship but will probably end up in medicine or the humanities or or living off the UBI when machines eliminate all need for human labor or minds.

Mostly I work administrative jobs, which all supposed to be anathema to SPs. And yes, they're mind-numbingly boring, but the pay is decent and its relatively solitary. :)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have a job so there's that.

I also like to write, but idk if it's a talent. Some kids on the internet liked it though.

I can't think of anything else. I will check back if I'm on the forum in five years.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ 1w2.

Ways I break general stereotypes, from another thread:

• I'm capable of critical thinking.
  • I enjoy thought experiments (e.g. alternate history narratives) and sci-fi/fantasy books.
  • I was the artistic one, growing up (even with the moody artistic temperament). Most of my hobbies relate to the arts. My general well-being suffers when I don't have an artistic outlet.
  • I'm actually intelligent(!), went to an elite college, and did well at said college.
  • I understand, and appreciate, the value of diplomacy, and I try to be diplomatic in my interactions with people -- because being a bull in a china shop isn't always the best way to get what you want out of a situation. In order to get what you want, you need to be able to adapt. The strongest structures are also the most flexible.
  • I'm socially and fiscally liberal, very socially progressive, and hipster af. Someday I hope to have a lot of tattoos, but I don't know what they'll be yet.
  • Not only am I thoughtful and introspective, but I actually enjoy being thoughtful and introspective -- creating order in my internal environment is relaxing for my Te in the same way as creating order in my external environment.

I don't break stereotypes re my career choice.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Words for self-expression, data for pay. But while you won't find these in ISFP descriptions, I do actually think they fit the type.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well most everyone in the world is my type so I'm sure there's at least one someone with a similar flavor of ISFJ out there. Unless you mean as per the descriptions. In which case: I'm not a housewife.

That was easy.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well most everyone in the world is my type so I'm sure there's at least one someone with a similar flavor of ISFJ out there. Unless you mean as per the descriptions. In which case: I'm not a housewife.

That was easy.

Is 14% almost all of the world? Not to mention the other typology systems.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is 14% almost all of the world? Not to mention the other typology systems.

I think those are more representative of those who've been assessed from what I'm vaguely recalling atm, so I don't reference them in my statement. It's more impression based and exaggerated for effect. And I'm speaking strictly about MBTI ISFJ for simplicity's sake.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm an INFJ and I've been a dog groomer for 11 years. I'm not even helping the right species. Truth be told, I oftentimes hate my job because it gives me no sense of accomplishment, but I suppose I've stuck it out because I can avoid constant social interaction and can be left to my own thoughts all day.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I allow myself to be very sad at times and complain quite a lot of that world we live in (idealistic side and need of freedom).

I don't go clubbing, dancing and I don't drink to be the "life of the party" (wrong image of ESFP I need to say!).

Otherwise I suppose I love to fart in my bath (like any ESFP of course) as well as laugh at naughty jokes and comment them with another one.

Also (I love my freedom remember) I don't like big groups where everyone has to seem to agree with everyone else. And I'm not ready to get on with just anyone who seems sympathetic

and/or happy (another ESFP cliché).

In brief and as you can maybe imagine (if you dare using your imagination:D) I'm an extremely boring ESFP. Bad luck. For me first.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an INFJ and I've been a dog groomer for 11 years. I'm not even helping the right species. Truth be told, I oftentimes hate my job because it gives me no sense of accomplishment, but I suppose I've stuck it out because I can avoid constant social interaction and can be left to my own thoughts all day.

Your a hairdresser for peoples furry kids.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My careers...electrical technician and computer programmer. Both match my type. Pre-career i used to work at discount tire as a tire tech which matches as well. My only job thatbdidnt match was telemarketer...quit after 2 weeks and clothes store at mall. Aunt was manager so i was like what the hell.

Talents...working with hands, reverse engineering anything...all my talents pretty much align with stereotype.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well I was an entrepreneur in the tech industry. So dunno, you tell me.
Right now I'm a dad (which I'm doing probono)

[MENTION=1180]miss fortune[/MENTION] no bone pun you rascal :laugh:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I sometimes miss social ques even though I think I get them as in misread my atmosphere. I inadvertently offend people. I'm an electronics technician that's quite good at troubleshooting but gets bored all too easily and constantly has to be distracted with other more interesting things like this forum or other stuff.

So, in short, totally not like an ENTP :coffee:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sometimes miss social ques even though I think I get them as in misread my atmosphere. I inadvertently offend people. I'm an electronics technician that's quite good at troubleshooting but gets bored all too easily and constantly has to be distracted with other more interesting things like this forum or other stuff.

I actually find that as a typical Ne trait. Kinda like ohh, idea, run...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

true,
ever considered you could in fact be an esfj. You seem typical of the type my good sir :coffee:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not saving the world, yet.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Function-wise I'm like my type, ISTJ. However, I'm disorganized, have a somewhat short attention span and ADHD, dislike overly repetitive or dull tasks, and enjoy discussing more 'intuitive' subjects, particularly politics and philosophy. Also I don't have a mathematically or technically inclined bone in my body. I work in social services.
So, a lot of my likes and dislikes are not at all stereotypical, but in person I come across as my type fairly clearly.