• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

As an INTJ is it a bad idea to go into an SP dominated field?

rocco

MBTI Type
intj
I'm an INTJ and I read that as an INTJ I tend to subconsciously gravitate towards a job that satisfies my inferior Se function and that I should avoid this and concentrate on my Dominate/Auxiliary Ni/Te function.

I've been doing plumbing for about 1.5 years, and it is ok. But I also am into computer science and would like to give that a try too. I actually have no previous mechanical background prior to going into plumbing, but I have a computer background. I find computer science a tad bit more interesting than plumbing.

So what do you guys think? As an INTJ is it a bad idea to go into an SP dominated field?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Go into whatever field your long far winded vision brings you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Go into whatever field your long far winded vision brings you.

I think this is the only reasonable answer to this question. The only extra thing is that you should think things through before you make a choice, however only you can answer this question with any certainty.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't go into plumbing

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm an INTJ and I read that as an INTJ I tend to subconsciously gravitate towards a job that satisfies my inferior Se function and that I should avoid this and concentrate on my Dominate/Auxiliary Ni/Te function.

I've been doing plumbing for about 1.5 years, and it is ok. But I also am into computer science and would like to give that a try too. I actually have no previous mechanical background prior to going into plumbing, but I have a computer background. I find computer science a tad bit more interesting than plumbing.

So what do you guys think? As an INTJ is it a bad idea to go into an SP dominated field?

How long before you can get your credential? One of my daughter's friends (25) spent his summers through the end of high school plumbing and then worked his apprenticeship until he became a journeyperson, entering university after that point. He is now starting his masters in physics. Never a bad idea to have a back up plan ... but what's most important is what makes you feel like you've made a contribution at the end of the day. He spends his summers working in home construction and makes decent income supporting his other passion. Quite strategic of him, actually.

Good luck to you!

the forums abbreviate the title of this thread to "As an INTJ is it a bad idea to go into an SP" so I opened this link just to write:

not as long as you wear a condom

ba dum tsh

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'ld say go into plumbing, cause computer science is a very wide and overrun field (everyone thinks he is a computer "scientist" today), it's pretty lazy and makes you fat, plus the requirements change with every new generation. Plumbing actually is pretty steadfast. People always need to go to the toilet. My Dad is a plumber, runs a company now for 30 years and my family has more money and property than most people I know.

What you shouldnt do is choosing what you like according to a mbti type. Thats like looking for a scapegoat before making a decision, so you cant blame yourself afterwards. Not pretty J'ish.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think you should go into the field you like more regardless of your type as long as your competent enough at it. like i should not be a mexican wrestler i am not built to be one, so i'm not going into that field. forget i have no desire to, to begin with. I was a computer science major for about 2 semesters and at first i thought oh i like computers blah blah blah but at the end i realized i was miserable and that's not how i think and couldn't imagine being happy doing that for the rest of my life, so I've switched to social work.