Good luck with the Phd. At one point, Haight was telling me that I should go that route, but my statistics are similar to yours (average grades, not a lot of experience, etc.). However, if you get accepted, maybe I will reconsider that in the future (ya know, once I have some money).
I still have not heard back about the position that I interviewed for last Wednesday. I was told that the decision would be made by last Friday. However, when I called HR she mentioned something about a death in the VPs family. I'm hoping that isn't code for "You didn't get the job, so stop contacting us."
Regardless, I'm starting to lose hope with that job. I will contact them again on Friday to see what's up. I wish they would just reject me so I can move on.
I'm continuing to apply for jobs that I'm not exactly interested in obtaining. However, I have decided to start temping, so hopefully I can meet with some employment agencies next week and get started. Money is pretty tight, so I need to do something now without settling for a long-term job that I don't like.
*sigh* Have I mentioned how much this blows?