• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I wanted to be a cartoon - vet - musician - graphic designer - midwife.

In that order from childhood to now. Have been a graphic designer professionally for about 7 years now, realized there's no money in it. So I started my own business, have been mildly successful at it. Had my daughter naturally with a nurse midwife and have been obsessed with natural birth since.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted to be an artist and a teacher. I would lecture to my stuffed animals and draw all day.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Fighter jet pilot. Egyptologist. Basically I wanted to be an 80's action hero with a pilot's license and Masters degree. :happy2:

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
To be a princess by watching stupid Disney. I actually cannot even remember that but whenever my uncle is seeing me when i got older like elementary student he's saying, "hello, Princess!"
It's really embarassing actually. My sisters are laughing at me for being a princess. XD
But generally i don't know what i still want when i was a kid. I'm just simple before i just love playing in the fields and playing kites with my father. I love that. That's the only bonding i had with my father.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Musician then police officer. Still think I'd make a great cop but I prefer working as a psychiatrist.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Artist or superhero or spy (and all three of them would have been the best ever) :)

Space faring smuggler and all around dashing scoundrel. Yeah Han Solo. I saw Star Wars when I was five. I also wanted to be a giant badass encased in black armor with a touch of emphysema and a sword made of red plasma. :vader1:
IMG_2143.JPG

Unless you want a generic response? Okay. Dragonslayer.

I think I commented on this thread way back when, but, meh, I'll do it again.

I remember wanting to be an artist since I was 3 years old, declaring to my parents at dinner one time. They told me from a young age I would be and encouraged me throughout the years even when I had deemed it to be an impossible feat to achieve. I'm very lucky to have such supportive parents who never forced me into doing something else or being against my own desires in life, and for that I have to thank them. It's still a bit of a long road ahead, but I think I may be able to make that dream become a reality. All I know is I'm not giving up. I have the talent, I think. I just have to get it done and then things will eventually come to fruition.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I was five I wanted to be an astronaut. My sister was very against it and tried telling me all sorts of things to scare me into changing my mind. Nothing worked, until she told me since there is no atmosphere in space if I died my body would never rot. That disturbed me. I felt like I would be cheated out of something special, some sort of inherent right, if I couldn't disintegrate among my loved ones. Weird.:shrug:

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A dragon riding crusader I believe. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep a komodo dragons mouth clean though.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A pokemon (apparently I already thought I was one though?), the prince, a rockstar, "the one who saves people", a knight, a professional soccer player, writer, fashion designer.

But instead I became none of those things and grew up to be a loser. Hurray!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to become an aviator, a researcher (in a Biology / Chemistry field), or an archaeologist.

I hoarded books on Biology for students way beyond my grade.
I also drew a lot of skeletons as well as odd, obscure artifacts.
I also made a bunch of time capsules and treasure maps and actually dug them around my neighbourhood.
The aviator thing was mostly an obsession with flying I had as a child.

I was less than 10 years old and a giant hecking nerd.
I wanted either of the latter two so that I could live my life in a perpetual playground of mind-blowing discovery.