• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted to be a storm chaser. I was really interested in Forensics as well.

None of that shit happened. I'm a poor artist / makeup artist.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to be an astronomer, gymnast, or singer. If I could have done spinny tricks in outer space while singing my heart out - that would have been the best.

I turned out to be a musician/artist that doesn't always have reliable income. I need to spend more time looking at the stars again.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Open up a ramen shop; everything would be hand-made and I would spend years perfecting the broth.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I wanna be a princess when i was a child. No kidding

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wanted to be Batman but unfortunately I could never bring myself to try and accidentally get my parents "murdered" so I just sad contently pretending to be instead.

Taibreah

I wanted to be a cat. Yeah, a cat. I seriously told my 1st grade teacher that, and she straight up told me I can't, because being a cat isn't a career. Haha

But, I ended up eventually wanting to be a Veterinarian. Did I achieve my childhood dream? No, no I did not. And to this day, I'm still not sure what to do with my life.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wanted to be a millionaire. Sadly, I don't have a foyer like that or a big house with a pool in Beverly Hills.

b996687739340d08550badfe12a42d9f.jpg

Confused. Is that a job?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I desperately wanted to be a dolphin trainer.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have loved to be an explorer, but they kept telling me all the parts of the earth had already been mapped down to the smallest detail. So I was dissapointed and wished there was more left to explore. :shrug: I also wanted to be a paleontologist, archeologist, at different times in my childhood.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to be a cat. Yeah, a cat. I seriously told my 1st grade teacher that, and she straight up told me I can't, because being a cat isn't a career. Haha

She should tell that to all of the cats out there, because they clearly don't need to take on another career path to survive.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Astronaut/Archaeologist/Submarine Captain was too predictable.

I know right?

Noone expects an NT to want to grow up doing an SF thing like fashion/hairdresser/interior design/costume/makeup artist, it's a predictable stereotype, but it seems to hold up.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I was in high school I wanted to be a physicist, aerospace engineer, or a pilot.

Now, I work a temporary job, while doing tutoring on the side and studying to break into the software industry. Meanwhile, my engineering degree is collecting dust on my shelf. (That was a bad idea)

Caoimhin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I wanted to be an animator for Disney! Nowadays I lean more towards concept artist... I haven't
grown up yet, so I'm still dreaming.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I wanted to be either an art teacher, a music teacher, an orchestra musician, a music or art historian, an artist, a music librarian, or a perfumer.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Decided in first grade I wanna be an electrical engineer. Then I worked with them during intern and decided I don't want to be an engineer. I want to be functional and hands on. Not mental and theoretical. So I stayed a technician until I ended up migrating over to a programmer. Been programming since I was 5, so it wasn't a major shift for me. Been programming now for about 12 years professionally.