User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

♂ Bᴏʀɴ Tᴏ Mᴀᴋᴇ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I remember wanting to be a police officer so I could arrest my parents.
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Aaaw, this is one of the many stories that start with "An example of how CitizenErased has been embarrassing her parents in front of a lot of people since age 3".

It was a meeting with the children and parents of 1st grade (some kind of "let's get to know each other" activity), and everyone had to say what they wanted to be later in life. Everyone was "I want to be a doctor to cure people/I want to play football/I want to be a lawyer/vet/astronaut..." and when my turn came, I said:

"I want to be a hippie."

My parents told me that "hippie" wasn't a profession, and I asked why I needed one, they said to make money to buy stuff, and I asked why money exists if our human ancestors ate fruits from the trees. They didn't answer.

Of course, I meant driving one of those colourful vans, travelling with friends, play instruments and go anywhere I liked without people telling me what to do. I still want that life (sort of).

Then I grew up and in my teens I wanted to be everything. Leonardo da Vinci became my personal hero since then. I wanted to be a multi-instrumentalist, novelist, visual artist, dancer and singer with deep understanding of descriptive geometry and sociology.

Then I realized being all of that before my 25th birthday was insane, so I became a... depressed person, haha

My path was always related to art, so I first started studying Architecture, because it was the one "art" that, when being a professional, allows you to do most of the others (designs, for example), but it wasn't for me, so I changed to Curatorship and Art History, which allows me to work in museums, write books, participate of the critics, and the career is like seeing the history and technical stuff of every type of art, so I feel I'm covering my wide range of interests pretty well.

In the meantime, I'm still going to try to be all the other stuff.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes tweetlebug, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Off and on through my childhood, I wanted to teach elementary school.

I'm beginning a teacher instruction class and internship in the fall, and I've started the application process for universities with good teaching programs.

I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

2 or 3/6w7/9w1

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Movie critic because I wanted to watch a bunch of movies for free.
    "Libertarians are beacons of truth; we are not tractor beams of truth. Please do not blame us for not fixing your screw-ups." wise sayings of Tellenbach the Transcendant Sage, Vol. 4.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    xSTP

electrical engineer. yes at 5 i wanted to be an electrical engineer. then worked with them and vowed never to be an engineer. they are WAY to mental and not hands on enough. i like a balnce, so i end up being the technician who learns engineering.

of course i am a computer programmer by profession. no school, just kinda worked my way into this position.
    Likes geedoenfj, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think my ability to dream was stifled at a fairly young age, whether through nurture or my own nature or probably a combo of both. I don't recall ever wanting to 'be' anything when younger (other than myself ), and by the time I was a teenager 'career' had begun to plague me.

In my early middle age I am working at going for something along the lines of a dream, though. Maybe never too late to revisit?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Osprey, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

My job doesn't at all resemble what I dreamed of; in fact it's a lot of the corporate stuff my child self did not like. But I detected the better people in it and maneuvered assertively to become a part of what they do, which is a kind of check/balance on the less human parts of the work. I can say I'm doing the best I can with where I'm at.

Do I care about the gap between what I'm doing and my old dreams? Yes, if silently and with too much shame. My relationship with them is not good at this stage. But I am working actively at that, too, by putting myself in social situations that pressure me on a regular basis to face the discomfort I have with making art.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

I wanted to be a famous singer and/or writer. I've pretty much given up on a career in music, but I'm working on a book, so I guess we'll see. I'm not planning to make that my career though, like unless some miracle happens and I end up making a ridiculous amount of money from it.
    I'm not just an introvert- I make other introverts look like social butterfly extroverts. Most introverts are all, "I'd rather hang out in a small group than go to a big party." I get exhausted if I'm around one person who isn't my SO for more than like 3 hours. The way most people feel about hanging out with their friends is the way I feel about sitting at home, listening to Pandora and playing GTA.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    927 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

My dream job during childhood is still my dream job, that is to become a personality psychologist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Famous author.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    I remember wanting to be a police officer so I could arrest my parents.
    lol
    l r e c k l e s s l
    certified self-lifewrecker

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast