Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Default Are you a teacher?

Are you a teacher?
    Are you studying to become a teacher?
    Why did you want to become a teacher?
    Do you consider yourself a good pedagogue and speaker?
    In what field do you teach?

As many of you know, I live in Sweden. We have a different school system up here, wich causes me to lie if I said I was studying to become a college teacher in english, but it would be close enough. In two and a half years when I am finished with the english, I will pick history. Thus making me a teacher in English and History. There is also the possibility to become a lector, PhD and professor in pedagogy or my fields of knowledge.
    I will probably work as a teacher for a longer period and then go for a doctoral degree.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Are you a teacher?
    I teach teachers, so it's close. I spend a lot of time in urban classrooms with children ages 10-14, and then more time training adult educators. And I teach college courses. Does that count?

I would have, but when I was in college we were told there wouldn't be jobs, so to major in something else. I wanted to teach because I love literature and dreamed of helping students learn to love books. So I majored in English anyway, and Business. But my doctorate is in education, so I ended up teaching after all, many years later.

I have to say yes, because my students and participants say so. I'm far better now than when I taught my first college course. I learned a lot on the job that semester!!

I've taught business writing, finance. In classes for teachers now, I teach leadership, coaching and differentiated instruction (i.e., tailoring instruction to meet the needs of each student). In urban schools, I mostly work with math teachers. Yesterday I co-taught a problem-solving strategy to 11-year-olds who still struggle to make sense of simple word problems. Challenging for us and yet so rewarding when they start getting it! That's why I'm involved with our schools.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Are you a teacher?
    Are you studying to become a teacher?
    1.) Not yet.
    2.) Yup.
    3.) I want to teach kids how to think. I want them to have an education that they will value and enjoy gaining. I want to be that influence that drives kids to be successful.
    4.) I do well with presentations and facilitation. I was actually a trainer in a classroom setting for a while at my last job.
    5.) I'm hoping to teach history or lit to high school students. My major would support teaching either one.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ISXJ

Are you a teacher?
    Yes. I just started teaching about 5 weeks ago. I was hired by the Spanish dept. of my university to teach SPAN 1001. It's been quite a learning experience!

Hmm originally I didn't. At all. However, as I've gotten a little bit older I realized that I really like school. Actually, I have always liked academia. I love books, and language, and foreign cultures so language education kind of envelopes all those things. Also, each student is different, so it's like working a giant rubics cube to figure out what methods, activities, books/lessons work best to promote learning. Teaching is a job that constantly challenges you to find better ways to do things, and while it can get repetitive with the planning and grading, I think it's WAY better than sitting in a cublice all day and running "the rat race." Finally, gotta love summer vacation time!

Overall I'd say I'm ok with it. I'm still new to the job, but for being an introvert I am surprisingly comfortable and "at home" in front of my class. I talk to my students as if they were my friends, and try not to ever talk down to them. We joke around, and for the most part I feel my class is interesting to them even despite all the grammar and vocab. Really, I like the college-aged kids (from 18-25)...they've been great fun to work with!

Right now I'm teaching beginning-level Spanish, and have been loving it! However, I'm studying to teach English as a Second Language, but I may drift between the 2 languages as job availability changes. I think I also want to become certified in Mathematics at the middle and high school levels.

MBTI
    istp

mi madres is a teacher. she seems to enjoy it.

i have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'd like to be a teacher, but for now I am the student--just started my first year of college.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

i am a teacher, but today i am grumpy about it, so i'll get back to you on that.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENFP

I am a trainer which basically means I am a teacher for adults.

MBTI
    INTP

I teach people how to make things disappear. So i guess you can say im a teacher and magician.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ISTP

No.

The End.