• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a teacher?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm not a teacher, but I've consistently (for 10 years) aspired to become one. Inspiring teachers are one of the top professions I can imagine. I've educated people privately on matters of computers, math, chemistry, physics, and some on issues related to mental health and well-being. I've received extremely good feedback on my work.

In my country, you need a university degree to qualify for the position of a teacher. I'm not going for that, so I won't become a teacher, except for possibly in some private education outside the regular system. It's usual for unqualified professionals to offer courses on a specialized subject matter in our country; for example, some detail in system administration or such.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My mother was a grade school teacher, my husband was once a college health prof and wrestling coach and once upon a time I taught English for a year. Then I had a baby. Typical INFP planning ahead in action.

I taught artsy-fartsy things in a military youth center - ceramics, pottery, like that.

Later I went into the health field and after a few years taught in staff development. And I've dabbled in community ed.

Yes, I'm a good teacher and enjoy it, but I don't like the administrational aspects/politics very much.

I swear I can spot a teacher in RL a mile away!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you a teacher?

Yes.

Are you studying to become a teacher?

I'm not technically enrolled at a school if that's what you mean. But I learn everyday.

Why did you want to become a teacher?

I had a hunch and it was right. Starting as a teaching assistant at a high school in Germany, I learned how much I loved it. So I went ahead and did it.

Do you consider yourself a good pedagogue and speaker?

If I get enough sleep, yes, I am.

In what field do you teach?

I teach English at a private language school and love it!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes, I am a teacher, and have been one for over twenty years. I teach electrical engineering and technical math courses to adult students. I became a teacher because it was natural for me - I was a trainer on the job, and people came to me because I have an ability to explain things simply.

I am a good public speaker, and I enjoy the time in the classroom. For me, teaching isn't a job - it's a privilege.

Hope that helps!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Are you a teacher? nope.

Are you studying to become a teacher? kinda. i'm gonna start my masters next year with my philosophy degree. i'm hoping to go all the way and that will include lecturing.

Why did you want to become a teacher? because i love philosophy. spreading the word on it would be pretty cool but tbh, i want to do research first and foremost.

Do you consider yourself a good pedagogue and speaker? yes i am. in fact, i can't shut up :D. sometimes though when i'm talking about something more complexed, people get confused and i feel like there's better ways of communicating. i'll work on that.

In what field do you teach? as i said, i want to teach philosophy. if anyone says they don't know any philosophy by the time they get to uni, they're wrong. philosophy is everywhere, in fact i'll say that everything IS philosophy. philosophy is the only field that tackles logic itself as a subject. you can't tell me that's not relevant to every field.