User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a teacher?

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

I'm not a teacher, but I've consistently (for 10 years) aspired to become one. Inspiring teachers are one of the top professions I can imagine. I've educated people privately on matters of computers, math, chemistry, physics, and some on issues related to mental health and well-being. I've received extremely good feedback on my work.

In my country, you need a university degree to qualify for the position of a teacher. I'm not going for that, so I won't become a teacher, except for possibly in some private education outside the regular system. It's usual for unqualified professionals to offer courses on a specialized subject matter in our country; for example, some detail in system administration or such.

My mother was a grade school teacher, my husband was once a college health prof and wrestling coach and once upon a time I taught English for a year. Then I had a baby. Typical INFP planning ahead in action.

I taught artsy-fartsy things in a military youth center - ceramics, pottery, like that.

Later I went into the health field and after a few years taught in staff development. And I've dabbled in community ed.

Yes, I'm a good teacher and enjoy it, but I don't like the administrational aspects/politics very much.

I swear I can spot a teacher in RL a mile away!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar

Are you a teacher?

Are you studying to become a teacher?
    I'm not technically enrolled at a school if that's what you mean. But I learn everyday.

Why did you want to become a teacher?
    I had a hunch and it was right. Starting as a teaching assistant at a high school in Germany, I learned how much I loved it. So I went ahead and did it.

Do you consider yourself a good pedagogue and speaker?
    If I get enough sleep, yes, I am.

In what field do you teach?
    I teach English at a private language school and love it!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Senior Member Array

Yes, I am a teacher, and have been one for over twenty years. I teach electrical engineering and technical math courses to adult students. I became a teacher because it was natural for me - I was a trainer on the job, and people came to me because I have an ability to explain things simply.

I am a good public speaker, and I enjoy the time in the classroom. For me, teaching isn't a job - it's a privilege.

Hope that helps!

Are you a teacher? nope.

Are you studying to become a teacher? kinda. i'm gonna start my masters next year with my philosophy degree. i'm hoping to go all the way and that will include lecturing.

Why did you want to become a teacher? because i love philosophy. spreading the word on it would be pretty cool but tbh, i want to do research first and foremost.

Do you consider yourself a good pedagogue and speaker? yes i am. in fact, i can't shut up . sometimes though when i'm talking about something more complexed, people get confused and i feel like there's better ways of communicating. i'll work on that.

In what field do you teach? as i said, i want to teach philosophy. if anyone says they don't know any philosophy by the time they get to uni, they're wrong. philosophy is everywhere, in fact i'll say that everything IS philosophy. philosophy is the only field that tackles logic itself as a subject. you can't tell me that's not relevant to every field.