• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paying kids to get good grades

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Paying kids for good grades might get them to cram more the day before the test, but with craming, they won't remember what they learned a few months from then.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Paying kids for good grades might get them to cram more the day before the test, but with craming, they won't remember what they learned a few months from then.

Kids do that anyways. ADULTS STILL do that. I still do that in college.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Exactly, so why pay them for it? That's my point.

Because they'll actually cram? .. I'm not saying paying them will turn them into hard working saints.. But the added pressure of "I wanna get that game I've been wanting to play all month!!" riding on the grade, might force them to take the time to actually memorize what they need to know, so they can get those few extra points that make a B an A, that give them the money they need.

I mean, that would have been my reaction in school if I had gotten paid. They're not gonna turn out evil monsters if you don't pay them.. but I really didn't understand the need to strive for my education until it was too late to really get anything done about it. Mayhap a motivator beforehand would have changed my need for it, because a piece of paper didn't mean anything to me back then.