• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any good sites for free online courses?

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
I am looking for good sites with free online courses. I don't care much about any certificate. I just want to learn about new subjects in an organized manner. A somewhat superficial or general course on any subject would make it easier to learn and put more detailed information into context, as I read up on certain areas of the subject.

I am mainly looking for courses in different areas of psychology (especially cognitive neuro psychology), philosophy, physics, and organizational / business strategy and management.
And good language courses on russian and mandarin.

At this point I have found some good courses on ALISON.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have seen this site earlier. There are tons of interesting topics here, and it is really the only site I have come across that has a vast amount of neuroscience.
It is MIT after all, heheh.

However, these are only course notes and materials. Not the actual course itself. So it can be very hard to follow.
Yeah, sorry about that. I just like it because a lot of times you can get the same lectures that are given to people who are taking the course, so in a way it is like being in the class without being required to do work. The downside is you don't get any help either and I could see that being a problem.

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
Yeah, sorry about that. I just like it because a lot of times you can get the same lectures that are given to people who are taking the course, so in a way it is like being in the class without being required to do work. The downside is you don't get any help either and I could see that being a problem.
Well, not exactly. If you are going to learn anything, you will have to do a lot more work than if you were to take the classes, given the fact that these notes does not include the lectures themselves. Anyway, I think there are a lot of interesting stuff here, but I'll have to learn more of the basics before I can take on short notes, keywords and powerpoints of these advanced topics.

Thank you for the site anyway :)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, not exactly. If you are going to learn anything, you will have to do a lot more work than if you were to take the classes, given the fact that these notes does not include the lectures themselves. Anyway, I think there are a lot of interesting stuff here, but I'll have to learn more of the basics before I can take on short notes, keywords and powerpoints of these advanced topics.

Thank you for the site anyway :)

There are actual lectures though in the video sections. Like this one:

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
There are actual lectures though in the video sections. Like this one:
There is!? I didn't find those when I went to advanced courses on neuroscience. Maybe I'm just blind... or dumb.

Does every course have video lessons? If so, then this is completely phenomenal!:happy2:

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
Oh, I see. The site have its own section with video courses. I was of course browsing the section without videos. There are six video corses on the brain and cognitive science! This is awesome! Thanks :)