User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Classes in School

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Finally, a piece of evidence that does in fact prove that we are two separate entities and not the same person

    I'm the opposite--I liked reading/writing assignments more than math/science-related things.
    Blargh. We could've done each other's assignments. :p

    And yeah I'm the exact opposite of what you wrote here. I prefer it when there is a clear right vs. wrong answer. And interestingly (against my sensing nature), I have always preferred abstract math to practical math. Who knows why.

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I mainly don't like math because unlike subjects like English, which are open-ended, math questions are like: right or wrong. You did it right or you didn't. Yeah, word problems try to add "practical" applications (although most of them are more amusing than practical), but at least in essays you can do it your own way and there's no one right/wrong way to do it. I think the thing I mostly hate about math is that it's not... well... I don't think realistic is the right word. It's too abstract, I guess? Like, I get that you APPLY it to real-world situations and at that point it becomes practical, but the way they teach it, it's all just numbers and signs and blegh. And then they throw in imaginary numbers and roots and radical equations and it's like... I'm out. I'd much rather learn problem solving from experience and just doing what feels right at the time than by trying to put math into it, but hey, that doesn't mean math's not important, and kudos to anyone who actually understands any of what's going on with that.

  2. #62
    FreneticAlbinoGrasshopper Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Blargh. We could've done each other's assignments. :p

    And yeah I'm the exact opposite of what you wrote here. I prefer it when there is a clear right vs. wrong answer. And interestingly (against my sensing nature), I have always preferred abstract math to practical math. Who knows why.
    Hehe see, that's what I totally loved about writing assignments--it's not black or white, so it's very easy for me to bullshit. And apparently I'm very good at bullshitting, because I've always gotten fantastic grades on essays.

    Damn, where were you back in my high school days. I could have used you for my math homework. I'd have written essays for you.
    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

    previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Hehe see, that's what I totally loved about writing assignments--it's not black or white, so it's very easy for me to bullshit. And apparently I'm very good at bullshitting, because I've always gotten fantastic grades on essays.

    Damn, where were you back in my high school days. I could have used you for my math homework. I'd have written essays for you.
    Well I still have writing assignments you could do, but they are bio-based, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to help. Not sure what kind of stuff you're doing nowadays. :p

  4. #64
    FreneticAlbinoGrasshopper Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Well I still have writing assignments you could do, but they are bio-based, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to help. Not sure what kind of stuff you're doing nowadays. :p
    I'd probably die writing bio essays, I mean they're essays with MATH and SCIENCE, and those are Scary.

    If you ever want/need an essay on gender roles and marketing, or a film analysis of brokeback mountain, or racial diversity in video games, I got you though.
    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

    previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I'd probably die writing bio essays, I mean they're essays with MATH and SCIENCE, and those are Scary.

    If you ever want/need an essay on gender roles and marketing, or a film analysis of brokeback mountain, or racial diversity in video games, I got you though.
    Yeah, bio essays are even worse than normally essays because you have to have facts every two seconds.

  6. #66
    FreneticAlbinoGrasshopper Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Yeah, bio essays are even worse than normally essays because you have to have facts every two seconds.
    And from what I can tell... it's all *pauses for dramatic effect* SINGLE-SPACED!!! *dies*
    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

    previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    And from what I can tell... it's all *pauses for dramatic effect* SINGLE-SPACED!!! *dies*
    Depends on the prof. I have had some that were single spaced and I practically died writing it. It's fairly uncommon. Thankfully most profs want double spaced.

  8. #68
    FreneticAlbinoGrasshopper Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Depends on the prof. I have had some that were single spaced and I practically died writing it. It's fairly uncommon. Thankfully most profs want double spaced.
    That's how you know the homework gods are looking out for you.

    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

    previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes an hero liked this post

  9. #69
    Member Array Tazzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I really struggled with science course especially physic and Math once it got into pre-cal level. It all like foreign language to me and it take me a long time to just understand the basic lol. I excelled in PE (love playing sports and not hard class to pass), Geography and Accounting. Also took alot of art classes. I wasn't gifted but I didnt care and really enjoyed painting, allowed me to be creative, and was a huge stress relief for me and most art teachers I had were crazy and loud. Never a dull moment in art class lol.

    Surprisingly I enjoyed Different business courses that my mom made us take in high school and it helped me in life as in keeping a budget and understand different type of loans. Accounting was easy to grasp for me. hard part was getting it to balance in the end. ended up in the accounting field when I went to college. then I end up in tax preparation field for a few years and volunteered preparing taxes for 2 tax season and worked for liberty tax for a season.

  10. #70
    Member Array idk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    Idk
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Math and Chemistry, Physics...I just sucked at those subjects. Not to mention the teachers I had in those classes only cared about their paychecks. I took honors Chemistry and I remember our teacher calling us the "slow class" because we asked questions. It made me realize you can't count on your teachers for help. I was always good at English though, I scored higher than 95% of my school on my English final although I don't support standardized testing like that. I took college English classes and passed with flying colors. I was alright at everything else, and I took college classes in high school which lessens my time spent in college. I'm working to be a RN and i'm planning to move to Cali. The pay for RN's there is fair considering the living price.
    Just here doin' my thang (Also thanks to everyone being so nice!)
    http://www.gifpal.com/static/uimages/xwZOnLy47U.gif

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what core subjecs would you have in school?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 09:43 PM
  2. [ISFP] What were/are you like in school?
    By Quinlan in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
  3. Taxes and the Middle Class in America
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
  4. [NT] How well did/do you do in school?
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 01:40 AM
  5. Giftedness in school
    By Splittet in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •