First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I had trouble in gym classes because of bad coordination. I know that, if I wanted too, I could build leg strength and stamina by practicing running and sprinting in a predefined direction -- but I could never play a fast-paced contact sport because my reflexes aren't good enough for me to change direction and exert all my energy at once at a moment's notice. I'm coordinated enough to play musical instruments, but that's it.
    This might seem odd, but try FPS gaming. I've found that it really helps boost reflexes.
    Likes Cygnus, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I know this thread is old, but i'm reviving it.

English- In elementary I sucked at reading so much that I had to have a tutor, but role playing on warrior cats sites gave me a reason to become better (I was 12 okay). Now reading is my life. In my current class I'm not that good at writing essays, but I do good on the discussions.

Math- I hate it. It can be tolerable if I try and understand the concepts, but it's so boring and it goes by way too fast.

Science- I love science. It can be difficult, but I'm willing to put in the extra effort to figure it out. It's kinda weird because I can actually enjoy math in physics, but I hate it in regular math classes. Maybe that's because the problems are simpler.

History- It used to bore me because the teachers always gave us busy work, but I'm enjoying APUSH this year without busy work.

I love my screenwriting class. I love analyzing films and writing stories. I don't plan on entering the filming field, but I think I can take what I learned and apply it to my own stories.
    I took film my sophomore year. I liked the film studies part, but didn't like actually filming it.

I took an intro to agriculture class last year for some reason. It was the easiest class I have ever took, but it was so boring.
    Also took an outdoor and adventure class freshmen year. I was originally going to take web design, but that class got canceled. It was basically a PE class, but half the time we had a free day. I liked archery, but I sucked at it. I was surprisingly good at kayaking.

The thing I hate most about school is how I have to put so much effort yet I only remember a few things from it. I wish I could study things on my own, but I don't have the self discipline for that.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Science- I love science. It can be difficult, but I'm willing to put in the extra effort to figure it out. It's kinda weird because I can actually enjoy math in physics, but I hate it in regular math classes. Maybe that's because the problems are simpler.
    I suspect it is because you could see the purpose of the math, and relate it to something real.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

I have no intrinsic nor extrinsic motivation to learn in school, which makes all subjects difficult to learn now. Telling me to do something usually makes me less inclined to do it, since it makes what used to be an activity I enjoyed doing into an obligatory task... it ruins my own positive perceptions of that thing and replaces it with the idea of "work"... it's just not fun anymore. I may love Chemistry and enjoy learning it, but as soon as you tell me it's required I instantly hate Chemistry... I complained to my parents throughout Middle School that I wanted to learn everything by myself at home so I could feel motivated and accomplished by my efforts rather than feeling like I'm doing chores 24/7. Of course, when I do graduate to college this year I'll be much more focused and dedicated since I'll be more self-reliant and acting out of my own interest.

BUTT.... I'll still answer the question the way you want it to be:

Highschool-wise, my Easiest classes were Chem/AP Chem and Human Biology. Most difficult were Physics and Calculus.

The thing both of my easiest classes had in common were:
    1. Grade based about 90% off Test grades.
    2. All Tests were weighted heavily.
    3. Human Biology's tests were mostly short answers with different possible perspectives one could take, and so as long as you backed up your answer with solid evidence and logical analysis, you'd be fine. I didn't even know most of the terms or theories but I could still make a plausible answer with faint glimpses of knowledge from days before I could piece together to form a solid argument. As for AP Chem... I just sorta knew how to do everything lol
    4. Both teachers were NTPs. :P
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I suspect it is because you could see the purpose of the math, and relate it to something real.
    That's probably right.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

I feel the most engaged when I'm learning and doing math, and now it is my major in college. It is English that has sometimes been the bane of my existence. I hate formal writing and being told what to write about, as these things require to be more focused on the structure of my writing and do not allow my thoughts to flow as freely. I either struggle to put my thoughts into words, or have to milk my brain for content just to meet certain criteria. It feels very forced. Similarly, it's like I'm dragging my feet whenever I have to pull some analysis out of my hat. Creative writing is a bit more enjoyable for me, although I wouldn't say I'm as naturally gifted at it as some people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Struggled and disliked: History
    Disliked : That science class with the rocks and stuff, college lit
    Enjoyed: High school lit, social sciences, art
    Good at (and enjoyed): math things

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Junior/High School:

I liked math, science, and art classes the most. (math was my strongest on standardized tests, science second, english third, reading last)

I was able to do well in all of my classes, but I disliked english/literature and history classes the most. And P.E. class made me really anxious; I was always good at the individual fitness-type aspects, but team sports 'scared' me, for lack of a better word.

The english/literature dislike is kind of ironic, because I was always such an avid reader. But, I can't say I was naturally great at the way those classes were taught. (And I have never really liked poetry, lol)

History has grown on me with age. Once out of school, I picked up some history books of my own accord to learn about a lot of that, and I enjoyed it. But in the school format I did not.

-----------

In college I liked my ecology and plant biology / general bio/genetics classes the most. I wasn't a fan of the anatomy and physiology side of things; though I did ok. It just didn't click with me the way ecology did. I did ok in chemistry, and I did well in college linear algebra and differential equations but I totally sucked at calc of several variables and college level physics. (only got a B's or C's due to the curve, otherwise I objectively failed miserably on the exams)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

who are

Hate: Anything that has anything to do with reading and writing (especially writing), history, government, chemistry
    Like: Math (though I tended to not enjoy applied math like physics, etc.), biology, human related sciences

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Hate: Anything that has anything to do with reading and writing (especially writing), history, government, chemistry
    Like: Math (though I tended to not enjoy applied math like physics, etc.), biology, human related sciences
    Finally, a piece of evidence that does in fact prove that we are two separate entities and not the same person

I'm the opposite--I liked reading/writing assignments more than math/science-related things.
    25 weeks