User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was always great at languages. I could pick up the intonations, grammar and vocabulary rather quickly. People usually took 5 years to learn Arabic, but I took 3. Of the three, I'd rate my English as the best, Malay as mediocre and Arabic as poor.

Sciences came after. I liked it because it was so interesting, and it answered most of my 'why' questions. I especially liked Geography because I like nature and knowing about it.

History and social studies were okay to me, if I read enough.

I sucked at math. Horribly. I had the most problems with it because I couldn't visualize the equations and formulas, so it could never really stick in my head. It also took a while for me to understand the mechanics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    I sucked at math. Horribly. I had the most problems with it because I couldn't visualize the equations and formulas, so it could never really stick in my head. It also took a while for me to understand the mechanics of it.

B-b-b-but y-you're an IN-t-t-TJ.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post

B-b-b-but y-you're an IN-t-t-TJ.
    But I don't think I am.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/sx

School stereotype? Behavior? Favorite part of school?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    In elementary and middle school, outcast. I've talked about why on a few other threads before so here I'll just leave it at that. In high school, I don't really know... I've always been kind of a loser LOL. Although, all throughout my school life, I've generally been seen as the "smart kid", which is only true for some subjects. In college there were these two students who got into an argument over who would be the one to team up with me for paper peer editing in English... it was awkward.

What do you mean by behavior? Like how I acted in school? I was really quiet unless I was with friends. When I finally got into high school and college and met new peers I was finally able to break out of my shell a bit more and people see me as a pretty likable/approachable person. I've also been a strict rile-follower in school, and never got in trouble. I was kind of the teacher's pet/kiss ass. But it really paid off. I once forgot to do an assignment in English in high school, and the teacher let me just bring it in the next day instead. No repercussions. Getting along with teachers was great and fun and I miss a lot of them. I think in my college English 102 class people were intimidated by me, though (this is the same class that had people fighting over me). The teacher actually called me out once in front of the whole class and said I was the only one with a good grade in this class, the only one taking notes etc. etc. Yeah... that was not very fun.

I was not, however, always a good student. In middle school especially, I was terrible. I never did homework, had Fs in everything... the principal pulled me aside with all of my teachers and told me if I didn't do better they'd hold me back. This was 8th grade, so next year was gonna be high school, and I did NOT want that to happen. So within one week, all my classes were grade C. I wasn't stupid, just very lazy. Because of this failure, though, I've become kind of a perfectionist. I got straight As all throughout high school. In college I had a huge breakdown once because I got a 60% on a quiz, simply because I didn't understand one of the directions. When I got a B instead of an A in my astronomy class, I thought I was a failure and it took me a long time to get over that. I'm not in school anymore. The transition from F student to A student was like this: no one ever encouraged me. My family never once praised me, said they believed in me, or were proud of me, etc. I picked myself off my own ass and got my work done. All by my own efforts. But I feel like that's starting to get off track so I'll end it there.

My favorite part of school was... I dunno, the fun classes? Electives? I took a full schedule my senior year instead of graduating early. I took fun classes like psychology, German, etc. and I loved it. I liked learning. I hated homework and having standardized testing shoved down my throat. To this day some of my favorite things to watch are documentaries about space and the ocean.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

I'm pretty good at most subjects but chemistry was definitely hard for me in high school.

And neuroscience was really hard last year but I think I sort of/mostly got it in the end. Not all of neuroscience obviously, but at least what we were learning of it.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I don't know if I had a stereotype in high school. I was friends with a lot of nerdy kids but I did lots of sports and hung out with the sporty kids too and the musical/theatre kids. I just liked having a good time, even though I was kind of dorky and a little bit goody-goody.

I think sports and art class were my favorite part of school, and seeing my friends.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

In high school: Any easy class and gym.
    In community college: All my science courses. I had a passion for studying then.
    In nursing school: Honestly none of them... unlike community college where you can study hard, work hard, and it'll reflect in your grades, you can work twice as hard in nursing school at my particular college and it meant jack shit if you weren't good at the particular stupidity that is the NCLEX-style questioning. On the other hand, people who were less science oriented and could breeze through those kinds of flowery touchy-feely questions didn't struggle so much but during practicums they'd frequently complain about challenges like.. doing basic tasks.. and remembering the basic details when putting theories into action. Nursing school really took the passion for school I had out of me I'm sad to say.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was *tips hand lackadaisically* ok at English.

However my experience was coloured by my stubborn nature and uncomfortable relations with other people.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Enjoyed:
    School:
    Art - Information Technology - Design Technology

Undergraduate:
    Architecture Graphics II - Computer 3D Modelling (3D Max) - Architecture History II - Photography - Design Psychology

Postgraduate Masters:
    Morphogenetic Programming - Body as an Interface - City as an Interface - Computational Analysis - Intro to Programming

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: