User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Haha! I do this, but I only play Candy Crush Soda, so it does not really take too much of my time. The only problem is when I can't get through a stage and I become frustrated and start throwing things around. LOL ... If only there is a cheat for Candy Crush Soda like those games I used to play. I remember there were cheats for Zelda and Contra Warriors and another more recent game. Now, these games are unbeatable unless you make a purchase!

MBTI
    INTP

Erm...i'd say most do it.

as long as it doesn't impact productivity, i don't think it matters.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

Who doesn't? Lol I play when my boss is not around

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

At my job I work alone in an office from midnight till 8am. As long as there isn't phone calls coming through its okay for me to be on my phone. I would go nutty if not.

8 hours a night, 5 nights a week is a long time to be without communication or entertainment. I also read, draw, write, and suck up information as well as long as there's down time available.
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

helps me be productive. i'm locked in a room by myself most days, so a little leisure mixed in is necessary for me to stay focused and productive.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by laurapants08 View Post
    At my job I work alone in an office from midnight till 8am. As long as there isn't phone calls coming through its okay for me to be on my phone. I would go nutty if not.

8 hours a night, 5 nights a week is a long time to be without communication or entertainment. I also read, draw, write, and suck up information as well as long as there's down time available.
    I can relate with this. I know someone who works for parachutetechs. They provide external tech support and when it is their downtime, he can actually do yoga. Of course, he needs to keep his headset on. It's just hard if a call comes through and he is in an awkward position ... lol
    Likes laurapants08 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by redpilot View Post
    I can relate with this. I know someone who works for parachutetechs. They provide external tech support and when it is their downtime, he can actually do yoga. Of course, he needs to keep his headset on. It's just hard if a call comes through and he is in an awkward position ... lol
    Ha!!!

I may consider trying this....

*hold one moment please I have to remove my legs from around my neck*
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I only do so while I'm on break or to check the time and then I put it away. Of course, my job doesn't have a lot of downtime until after 8pm... but even then I usually find some task to do. Doesn't bother me when other people do it, though, unless they're completely blowing off something important that needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I only do so while I'm on break or to check the time and then I put it away. Of course, my job doesn't have a lot of downtime until after 8pm... but even then I usually find some task to do. Doesn't bother me when other people do it, though, unless they're completely blowing off something important that needs to be done.
    I agree, sometimes a little break from the daily routine is needed to refresh and clear the mind

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

I think it's human to do it. You have a personal life. It just depends on the office set up and the degree to which it's done.

I sit in an open-ish office. A new hire woman has been doing it ALL the time - checking emails, texting, writing emails. She doesn't have clients so every time she types at length, it is a personal email. I lost it on her the other day because I think it's just wrong to do your own thing all day long. We can all see each others' work spaces.

Every day, I'll check my personal email, or look at the NYTimes, but it's limited, and I do it to take a break from stress. I have too much to do to spend too much time on it.