User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default 70% of Chief Information Officers are ISTJs

This is really pretty interesting. It kind of make sense considering the IT executives I've interacted with.

Most CIOs perceive the world through information gained through the five senses, which means they prefer to focus on concrete facts, numbers and data that happen in the present, according to the research of Joe Peppard, a professor at the European School of Management and Technology. Broadly speaking, CEOs and CMOs tend to focus on intuition, or information acquired as patterns or hunches, said Ms. Haynie. “So they might be pushing more toward the big picture, looking long range at the vision,” she said.

Mr. Peppard’s research, conducted on hundreds of participants in his IT Leadership Program over nearly a decade, found that 70% of CIOs fall into a personality type called ISTJ.....

Typically other C-suite executives are either INTJ or ENTJ personality types.

The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back - The CIO Report - WSJ

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes spirilis liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

For example, her firm has worked with clients who have received feedback that they’re too rigid, or too narrowly focused. Others with the ISTJ personality type might have been told that they’re too focused on the short term and past historical events and need to pay more attention to developing a vision for the future. Still other CIOs may have gotten feedback that they need to take greater risks and be more innovative. Executive coaches can help CIOs develop these skills.
    Shit, looks like Sensor-hate has spread to the world outside of typology forums.

SJ is "The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back"?
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 03-18-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: oops
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Shit, looks like Sensor-hate has spread to the world outside of typology forums.

SJ is "The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back"?
    The title is a bit loaded, but the advice for ISTJs to mind their weaknesses is sound.
    If 70% of them were INTJ's, I would expect them to be taught the value of pre existing structures and intensive factual observations before jumping to conclusions, amongst misc other stuff that INTJs do not naturally excel at.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Wen i click the link it just shows the topic and only this text under it "The most common Myers-Briggs personality types of CIOs differ from CEOs and CMOs in how they experience the world. This difference can make CIOs appear to be slower moving and not innovative enough." and then comments start.. Maybe they took down the article or there is some glitch.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Wen i click the link it just shows the topic and only this text under it "The most common Myers-Briggs personality types of CIOs differ from CEOs and CMOs in how they experience the world. This difference can make CIOs appear to be slower moving and not innovative enough." and then comments start.. Maybe they took down the article or there is some glitch.
    yeah, it's odd. I had to Google search to get the whole article, and even then I can't link the result because it returns the odd stump that we see by default.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics