• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

70% of Chief Information Officers are ISTJs

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really pretty interesting. It kind of make sense considering the IT executives I've interacted with.

Most CIOs perceive the world through information gained through the five senses, which means they prefer to focus on concrete facts, numbers and data that happen in the present, according to the research of Joe Peppard, a professor at the European School of Management and Technology. Broadly speaking, CEOs and CMOs tend to focus on intuition, or information acquired as patterns or hunches, said Ms. Haynie. “So they might be pushing more toward the big picture, looking long range at the vision,” she said.

Mr. Peppard’s research, conducted on hundreds of participants in his IT Leadership Program over nearly a decade, found that 70% of CIOs fall into a personality type called ISTJ.....

Typically other C-suite executives are either INTJ or ENTJ personality types.

The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back - The CIO Report - WSJ

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For example, her firm has worked with clients who have received feedback that they’re too rigid, or too narrowly focused. Others with the ISTJ personality type might have been told that they’re too focused on the short term and past historical events and need to pay more attention to developing a vision for the future. Still other CIOs may have gotten feedback that they need to take greater risks and be more innovative. Executive coaches can help CIOs develop these skills.
Shit, looks like Sensor-hate has spread to the world outside of typology forums.

SJ is "The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back"? :dont:

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Shit, looks like Sensor-hate has spread to the world outside of typology forums.

SJ is "The Personality Trait That Can Hold CIOs Back"? :dont:

The title is a bit loaded, but the advice for ISTJs to mind their weaknesses is sound.
If 70% of them were INTJ's, I would expect them to be taught the value of pre existing structures and intensive factual observations before jumping to conclusions, amongst misc other stuff that INTJs do not naturally excel at.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wen i click the link it just shows the topic and only this text under it "The most common Myers-Briggs personality types of CIOs differ from CEOs and CMOs in how they experience the world. This difference can make CIOs appear to be slower moving and not innovative enough." and then comments start.. Maybe they took down the article or there is some glitch.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wen i click the link it just shows the topic and only this text under it "The most common Myers-Briggs personality types of CIOs differ from CEOs and CMOs in how they experience the world. This difference can make CIOs appear to be slower moving and not innovative enough." and then comments start.. Maybe they took down the article or there is some glitch.

yeah, it's odd. I had to Google search to get the whole article, and even then I can't link the result because it returns the odd stump that we see by default.