• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So what's everyone's profession here?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Last job: stockbroker on Wall St.

Current job: nothing... unless you include 'student'. But I'M paying for it!

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm roughly a Junior in college, 18 (taking this year off since I'm two years ahead), and soon to be working Tech at Office Depot.

Don't rush it... you're not really racing with anyone... particularly if there's some difficulty in managing the state tuition scheme... take it easy... no one's going to care when you graduated once you're thirty... at that point it's about what you're doing at the moment.

LucrativeSid

Aspiring author, webmaster, artist, musician, scientist, comedian, philosopher, dancer, life coach, entrepreneur, director, producer, mayor, inventor, and actor.

That makes me feel better about my present reality. Full time food service, $10.77 an hour. It's not like I'm in college. I'm just following a strange path.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've almost finished my last year of BS economics, working as a translator on the side to support my studies n little expenses (studies are not very expensive here in italy).

I don't have a strong opinion on what I will do afterwards. Probably something not strictly related to my BS, though, given that I am finding out that I would hate working in an office.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Writer/editor

I peed a little when I wrote that as it has been a lifelong dream to be paid to write. In practice it's not exactly what I had in mind (I write and edit test prep workbooks/practice tests for middle schoolers) but it'll do. I get to write some fun stuff here and there.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Office manager for Subway sandwiches franchise (Eat fresh!) that operates 20 locations here in Texas. I process a bunch of paperwork, keep the office stocked up all the supplies everybody needs, maintain a bunch of files, work the phones, and try to keep everybody entertained. :)

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Currently, I work as a server/busser/bartender/dishwasher/cook at a pizza place. I work three times a week, each shift being five hours in length. Pays 8.00 an hour + tips and on average make 16-18 dollars an hour including tips. Certainly the best paying job I've ever had in my life so far, especially considering its pay to actual work ratio. It's a great student job.

In regards to future possibilities? Freelance/Creative writing, English Professor or the forest service seem promising.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm a college sophomore.
Right now, I want to be a lawyer.
I'm thinking of majoring in math.

S

Sniffles

At the moment I work at a machine shop. Sometimes it's alright, other times it's absolute shit. Problem is when I'm constantly exhausted at the end of my shift.

I guess the idea of being a freelance writer/journalist would seem a good career for me. Problem is I lack any credentials to go into that line of work. I couldn't see myself doing academic work.

BTW, I concur with the advice of NOT studying law.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Credentials for freelance writing are not as important as connections. I basically fell into it because a friend from college got a job as an editor at a small publishing company and convinced me to try doing a project for them. That was three years and fifteen projects ago. Now, just like that, I have credentials, if I should ever choose to try to freelance for other companies.