The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I have a huge pull between careers. I do what I do because I am really good at it and slightly enjoy it. It comes natural, causes me no stress, and I make good money doing it. I am currently a senior computer programmer, self taught.

My ideal career would be working with my hands, whether it be building, working on cars, etc. My balance is that my ideal career has become a hobby supported by the money I make in my current career. So when I come home I am not stressed, not miserably, don't need to unwind. I am free to do what I want.
    With the exception of dealing with innattentive ADD--which makes almost all jobs a little more challenging--that's about where I am with my pharmacy technician job. I have to admit, however, straining to make sure everything is just so--but still messing up every now and then--makes me come home a little tense.

I really can't complain, though. Decent pay and everybody seems to like me. SEEMS TO LIKE ME, that is. I'm keeping my eye open for hidden plots regardless as I unfold my plan to climb the chain of command. You can never be too sure about people. What a pity.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    With the exception of dealing with innattentive ADD--which makes almost all jobs a little more challenging--that's about where I am with my pharmacy technician job. I have to admit, however, straining to make sure everything is just so--but still messing up every now and then--makes me come home a little tense.

I really can't complain, though. Decent pay and everybody seems to like me. SEEMS TO LIKE ME, that is. I'm keeping my eye open for hidden plots regardless as I unfold my plan to climb the chain of command. You can never be too sure about people. What a pity.
    Oh I have the feels now... Inattentive ADHD, whether ultimately a personality trait or no, makes everything seem as if its slipping away before you can really grab onto it, or at least thats how its always been for me.

Do what you can to make sense of whatever you need to do to live the life you want to live.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Oh I have the feels now... Inattentive ADHD, whether ultimately a personality trait or no, makes everything seem as if its slipping away before you can really grab onto it, or at least thats how its always been for me.

Do what you can to make sense of whatever you need to do to live the life you want to live.
    I'm the same way, unless you truly can get me to hang on your every word, then I hyperfocus and the rest of the world slips away. I try picking up since mess upsets my mom, but I only do tasks partially the majority of the time unless I make it a point to do only one thing at a time.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I'm the same way, unless you truly can get me to hang on your every word, then I hyperfocus and the rest of the world slips away. I try picking up since mess upsets my mom, but I only do tasks partially the majority of the time unless I make it a point to do only one thing at a time.
    Yeah I usually have to resort to just telling people that they can only give me one direction at a time, because I am generally pretty slow at the uptake, and it seems like for whatever reason that there is usually a disconnect between my brain and my body. In one ear and out the other.

Probably worst part isn't that I cannot complete what I am currently doing, but that sometimes it is hard for me to define my thoughts and because it is almost like whatever I get the essence of thinking about, gets scared and flies away the closer I get to it. They build upon themselves as well, I may think that I have decided one thing, but then I reevaluate and get stuck in squiggles.

It really makes getting into something and sticking with it difficult, so that is part of the main reason I think that I do not want to do something I really like, the desire to get into something I really like would end up just being like a forbidden fruit. I can never get as as deep as I would like, and I can never make it clear to others as quickly as I would like. I like getting into things, but if something is missing from my mental landscape I add more to it trying to find some connection that I think just wasn't made. I do not like things getting soured just because I am not smart enough to give them justice.

Sometimes I will just get these moments of insight where everything just seems so clear, but until then I end up looking particularly stupid to people because I cannot translate what I am thinking into what they can understand. I don't like to sound so bitter...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Yeah I usually have to resort to just telling people that they can only give me one direction at a time, because I am generally pretty slow at the uptake, and it seems like for whatever reason that there is usually a disconnect between my brain and my body. In one ear and out the other. Probably worst part isn't that I cannot complete what I am currently doing, but that sometimes it is hard for me to define my thoughts because it is almost like whatever I get the essence of thinking about, gets scared and flies away the closer I get to it. It really makes getting into something and sticking with it difficult, so that is part of the main reason I think that I do not want to do something I really like, the desire to get into something I really like would end up just being like a dissapointing forbidden fruit.
    What I've found with this pharmacy, however, is repetition and keeping order can compensate somewhat for poor concentration. Also, do you have a smart phone? I know LOTS of tips which help me with punctuality and with remembering little details...such as taking those ADHD meds, which I always forgot to take till I set alarms throughout the morning to remind and annoy me till I do it. Got to be careful, though.

Also, try going through the things that give you trouble step-by-step-by-step...slow-motion is your very best friend, friend!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Eureka! You know, with sociology, I can be an ADHD coach. Worth a shot, anyway!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

This might sound absolutely crazy, but those sort of medications I don't know, scare me just a little bit. Don't really know if I have ADD or if I am the ADD. I usually just try to put things on my phone, on my hand, stuffed together in one folder, and pretty much TRY to lessen negatives as much as possible. Though it probably is going to become more and more sliperier of a slope as time goes on. I try to move forward too quickly I fall, but I think if I went any slower sometimes I would go backwards. ADDers unite!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

This might sound absolutely crazy, but those sort of medications I don't know, scare me just a little bit. Don't really know if I have ADD or if I am the ADD. I usually just try to put things on my phone, on my hand, stuffed together in one folder, and pretty much TRY to lessen negatives as much as possible. Though it probably is going to become more and more sliperier of a slope as time goes on. I try to move forward too quickly I fall, but I think if I went any slower sometimes I would go backwards. ADDers unite!
    UNITED
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default How do I really polish my performance so I can stop worrying about job security?

@skylights or @five sounds said her husband was a pharmacy technician at the same company I work for, so she might be able to help.

I might be on my boss's good side. She told me "Once you get your act together, your going to be a great technician. You're loyal, you're honest, you never talk back, you never call in, and you're always looking to improve." I'm not sure, though, since she did thow in "get your act together." I sense she likes me as a person, and that's fine, but I am seeking a professional admiration, as well. I want to shock and awe, and really drive home the point I am indispensable, competent, and somebody she can count on. I've asked here and there for training to show my continued interest, but I want to limit how much feedback I ask for from my boss for fear of appearing weak or insecure, which I honestly am on some level. Above all else, I want to do things the right way and on my own. The only people whose opinions I care about are my pharmacy's head pharmacist, my pharmacy's assistant pharmacist, my pharmacy's head technician, my district manager, and the head tech of the district. While allying myself with my colleagues at the same level in the chain of command as myself is also important, as they will support me in my upward trajectory, I know in my efforts to win my superiors' trust, I may need to break a few eggs. Please help me brainstorm additional ways to embody the ideal pharmacy technician and loyal employee. I need to learn all the parts of these social and computer systems which form this microcosm I wish to master and find refuge in. So many things that could go wrong, I know, but I must press on. My security depends on it.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There is no such thing as being indispensible. A few things to suggest
    - Work hard. There are people who spend time goofing off and everyone knows who they are.
    - Work efficiently. Prioritizing what get's done
    - Be responsive to request from clients/customers and bosses
    - Welcome and act on feedback; a lot of people either deny feedback or can't seem to address it. The ones that excel act on the feedback they receive. The least effective people are always blaming things on someone else
    - Constantly learn; know your job, leading trends, understand your business - the stuff you do, the bigger picture that you are fitting into
    - Communicate well written and verbal
    - Take initiative and be known as the person who get stuff done quickly and high quality

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes The Wailing Specter, Starry liked this post