729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    --Slow paced
    --People-centric
    --33%-50% of time alone
    --scatterbrain resistant

What major corresponds with that career? This is not a game.
    haha let me know when you find a scatterbrain-resistant career. i'd be all over it!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes BlueScreen liked this post

Even better: Historian.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Even better: Historian.
    I kinda like that one. I've been enjoying my history classes, especially the really ancient history. After Rome fell, it feels less exotic and not quite as interesting.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Lawyer, Defense Attorney
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default Does anybody feel tension between the career they feel they should pursue and what...

Does anybody feel tension between the career they feel they should pursue and what their heart tells them?

I am starting to get a little better at these little tech jobs, and considering how long it took to get here, I wonder "Why don't I just stay here? I know pretty much what to do and I'm getting better at compensating for my scatteredbrained nature, so why not just stick with what I know and build from there? It seems straightforward enough, doesn't it?"

However, I have a nagging feeling in my gut that I'm not really doing what I want and I'm not showing my true values and feelings. Sure, I'm a nice guy and considerate to everybody, and there's no problem with that--as a matter of fact, kindness is a pretty big part of my true nature, already. I don't feel authentic and I don't want to be generic. I itch to try something new and maybe create a few good stories I can remember pleasantly in my old age. I don't want more regrets. I have enough already. Who am I?

To that, I say, I shouldn't let passing fancy get in the way of what really matters. I have a somewhat steady job and that creates security. I should not throw away that security chasing some will-o-the-wisp just because it feels "right". That would be folly.

Then again, these feelings are quite persistant. I wonder if I am even majoring the right major is school--sociology. I'm a thinker, one who ponders the mysteries of life and the world. I want to understand the world beyond just that I experience. I could do sociology, but I could also stick with what I know and do pharmacy, but then again, a researcher in the field of biology or theoretical physics could be quite rewarding.

Then there is love. Will I experience love...true love? I am wanting to learn myself before true love comes, but I feel anxious to think I may not truly grasp the ideal of love in life. I can taste the fringes, as I am in love with the idea of love, but how can I truly find the person I fall truly head-over-heels in love with. Love, not lust, though lust is fine is small measure.

I'm pretty sure every young person goes through this and I am pretty average for feeling these things, but I'd love to hear from some of the older members of the forum here where their life paths have taken them and if they are happy with where the paths led. Are you happy? I especially want to know that, as well as how to live free of regret and to come more fully into the moment. Life is passing me by and I'm missing it: there is pain--but my tears of joy are also tears of sorrow, and the converse is also true. My tears of sorrow are also tears of joy.

and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cygnus, GarrotTheThief, Noon, windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Does anybody feel tension between the career they feel they should pursue and what their heart tells them?
    Nope. Mine have always aligned.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm where my heart tells me to be (game development). My mind wants to go for a bigger salary (software development).

So far I'm comfortable at my current job, mostly because it's very informal and I'm quite a far away from customers. I don't really like interacting with customers. I would need to talk to customers a lot more if I were doing software development.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Nope. Mine have always aligned.
    You know, I admire that. That's the right way to live. You do exactly what feels right and to hell with what others think. You stick up for your convictions under heat of fire, and can speak your mind if you have to. Not bad at all.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I'm where my heart tells me to be (game development). My mind wants to go for a bigger salary (software development).

So far I'm comfortable at my current job, mostly because it's very informal and I'm quite a far away from customers. I don't really like interacting with customers. I would need to talk to customers a lot more if I were doing software development.
    I like talking with people, even if I turn right around and forget it. My twisted tongue has made for a few awkward moments, but I can talk my way out of it if I stop a second and refocus.

Game development sounds cool, given how you make and perfect your own little world with its own little people. I have to say I can at least understand why you don't like the public, though. People are often impatient jerks.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm in the same boat at 30. The thing is I tried doing the things I like and it requires me to go 100000 in debt to make 30000 a year after five additional years of training and I don't have anyone to lean on. To boot,'I'm not even sure I want to do that.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Noon liked this post