The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If you are majoring in sociology, ask someone else doing that? You could be an anti-sociologist, lol. Could you stop thread tagging me all the time please. I get all excited at having a notification. Thread tag me if it is about training.

Don't piss your life away, do what you want to do. Life is short.
    I really don't know what I want to do.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Title:Is there anything you can do with a sociology degree that doesn't directly deal with people? I'm majoring in sociology and find it really dull and boring and I definitely don't want to work with people, but I'm sticking with sociology because it's free and nothing else looks much better. What is there besides social work. I think I'd really dislike social work.
    Sociology is the academic study of social behavior, including its origins, development, organization, and institutions. So yeah, it's all about people. Why is this the ONLY schooling that is free for you? I realize you live in Louisiana but there are student loans, grants and scholarships available. Don't even go to college, learn a trade, apprentice at something.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Sociology is the academic study of social behavior, including its origins, development, organization, and institutions. So yeah, it's all about people. Why is this the ONLY schooling that is free for you? I realize you live in Louisiana but there are student loans, grants and scholarships available. Don't even go to college, learn a trade, apprentice at something.
    I also already did that to get my pharmacy tech certification...however, since I'm not completely satisfied, I'm planning on enrolling in the summer semester at the same technical school I got my technician liscense from. It may or may not be my passion, but the worst that can happen is I learn to cook well. My mother told me cooking school would be a waste of time, but I told her its my money, you know?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I also already did that to get my pharmacy tech certification...however, since I'm not completely satisfied, I'm planning on enrolling in the summer semester at the same technical school I got my technician liscense from. It may or may not be my passion, but the worst that can happen is I learn to cook well. My mother told me cooking school would be a waste of time, but I told her its my money, you know?
    If cooking isn't your passion, don't do it. I've been asked a million times why I didn't go to culinary school. Answer - because it would become a job and not a fun, creative outlet for me anymore. Plus the hours and pay suck. I'm happy being a very good home cook and not a professional. I didn't want to work with people and I don't but for you, I don't think the isolated, work from home sort of career would be to your liking at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    If cooking isn't your passion, don't do it. I've been asked a million times why I didn't go to culinary school. Answer - because it would become a job and not a fun, creative outlet for me anymore. Plus the hours and pay suck. I'm happy being a very good home cook and not a professional. I didn't want to work with people and I don't but for you, I don't think the isolated, work from home sort of career would be to your liking at all.
    Working with the public day in and day out for the last 1 and 1/2 years is starting to hit a raw nerve. Sure, the occasional compliment was nice for a while, but people are soooo stupid and quantity is not the same as quality, you know? I'm pretty neutral about this tech job I have: the pay is great and I'm glad to just be able to go out and do something instead of wallow in my emotions...but it's not quite what I wanted.

I was passionate about writing a while, now it's "been there, got the t-shirt, now let's move on."
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cellmold liked this post