User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to be paid to do?

2. web dev, therapy billing, data input
    3. web dev, poetry, blogging (~research papers + creative writing)
    4. self-employed, online

(really, I want 8 5hr/week jobs, a couple of which involve being outside)

Senior Member Array Chrysanthea's Avatar

1. INTP
    2. Highschool Student (Just finished my Junior year!)
    3. What in Hell makes you think I'd want a job?! And in what screwed up world would a job be considered a Dream?! Fucking insanity right there if you ask me! I'd wanna be a wizard anyways.
    4. Happiness or death. Give me one or the other.

Okay if you want a serious answer as for what job I would take if I absolutely had to have one... I have the desire to own a Sugarcane plantation from which I would fuel my business in the production of top quality rum! Though that probably won't make enough... I'd have to buy a few more hundred acres for some serious Tobacco gardening.
    Likes SiegfriedSchtauffen, Petrahygen, ESFJ liked this post

mercenary Array SiegfriedSchtauffen's Avatar
    7w8 sx/sp
    SLI Te

1. ISTP
    2. Software Engineer
    3. I don't want a job. I want to be free. Still, if I'm forced to work 9-5 then software/electrical/mechanical engineering.

I wake up with a different mood every day and always want to do something different as I get bored of things quite quickly. Many previous ISTP and INTP-ish friends shared this similar trait with me. I think its impossible to genuinely like and work in a job as an ISTP. Stupid company policies and being forced to do the same all the time pisses me off. In a dream life I have no obligations and I'm doing my hobbies, whichever I would like to when I wake up. If I had more time I would probably do a lot of weird things including:
    - learning how to compose and play cool music on several instruments (like celldweller and blue stahli)
    - learning electrical/mechanical engineering to be able to craft different kind of vehicles and devices
    - doing sports
    - traveling to different places not just to take a look around but to experience what it is like living there
    - socialize more (because of being forced to interact with people at work I'm really not in the mood to mess with people after 9-5)
    - .... the never-ending list that could fill several lives even without being forced into 9-5
    Likes Chrysanthea, Petrahygen liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

1. INFP or maybe ISFJ
    2. High school student
    3. Fifth grade teacher
    4. Opportunities to be creative
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

Senior Member Array Anaximander's Avatar

1. IxxP
    2. inventory buyer aka paper pusher
    3. write essays and do research. Journalism, maybe. Write books about philosophy and its relationship to popular sci-fi franchises. Musician/music producer.
    4. Be allowed to choose the material and subjects I research and write about. Be allowed to function almost as an extra member of the bands I produce (i.e. Eno's involvement with Bowie, Talking Heads, U2 et al--his influence is undeniable on the albums he produced/collaborated on)

. Array
    614 sx/so
    ESI Fi

1. INFP
    2. college student
    3. stage actor, voice actor, dramaturg, maybe a playwright eventually?
    4. be paid enough to support myself, have a steady supply of work

9dw so/sp
    ESI Fi

3.I have a few.
    "Note that the word “mute” (from Latin mutus and Greek μύειν) is regarded by linguists as an onomatopoeic formation referring not to silence but to a certain fundamental opacity of human being, which likes to show the truth by allowing it to be seen hiding."
    - Anne Carson

know ⏩ assist ⏩ survive Array Alaska's Avatar
    4w5 sx/sp
    ESI Fi

1. ISFP 4w5
    2. On a tech support team for a large company.
    3. I would not call it a dream "job", because it could never be monetarily sufficient to live on and thus not a real job, but if I could get away with spending all my time writing stories to scare people and make them laugh, that would be great.
    4. I need to live in my own space and to have some extra money to save and pay off my student loan. This is all I need.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

539 sp/sx

1. INTx 5w4
    2. college student
    3. Animator/Writer, I'm going to write stories that make people think. Partake in concept arts as I currently do, and animate for fun.. that is my only focus. Through it I will share my thoughts, ideals, and visions.
    4. Freedom from any other imposed way of life.

Ƙιηg σf Lσνє Lινє Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    6w7 so/sx

1. ISFJ

2. Student (sociology major, sociocultural anthropology minor)

3. Nothing. I actually wouldn't mind just being a homemaker if it meant I didn't have to work. Except that I don't really have any desire to get married so that won't work.

4. Just want to have enough money to live comfortably don't really need much excess. So for whatever job I end up doing, I just want it to be as low-stress as reality allows. That's it.
    mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    save me from the things i see
    i can keep it from the world
    why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 4w3 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious