User Tag List

First 1234 Last

1. n/a
    2. purchasing agent
    3. musician/music producer
    4. must have full creative control and enough pay to afford travel and a few little luxuries.

Enneagram
    9w8

1. INFJ

2. Fulll-time teacher, part-time author. I teach both in a public school and a martial arts school.

3. Full-time author, part-time teacher. I'd like to one day give up the public school and teach evening classes in the martial arts school.

4. Make my own schedule, peace and quiet in which to work.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

1. INTJ 4W5 sx

2. Full-time traveller, I get paid to travel and pour the occassional coffee. It was exciting once but after nearly a decade it's become dull and tiring. But it's super easy and I work low hours. It certainly has the power of leverage and gives you options in life other than focusing exclusively on that particular job.

3. Full-time magician/wizard/witch/bender whatever you want to call it. I prefer Mystic as a title myself. Basically never work again except on things that interest me. Interests include nature, earth, growing stuff, environmental causes but only ones with a chance of actually being realised. Fey realms, elemental realms, metalsmithing, ancient crafts, esoterics. Currently working on bringing this into reality.

4. Conditions.

Continuous and rigorous education and training. My mind is never happy unless it's preoccupied in something challenging. Bonus points if that challenge is physical on some level too.

Material needs must be covered financially which is why I'm creating a business around my pursuits to tick that box as well. To all intents and purposes I will become a business owner, for my intents and purposes I will utilise my understanding of universal forces to bring about material change.

Develop a deep understanding of nature, and learning to live in harmony with it, lightly on the land and learn from, rather than master, natural processes. Pass that knowledge on, when and if, others desire to know it.

Dedicate my life towards inner growth, nurturance of the planet, and whatever causes I decide to take up in the future.

Decouple from modern life to the greatest extent possible. In that I mean, reduce my reliance on currency, jobs, medicine (by maintaining health) and social constructs like the race for wealth, having a life partner, the collecting of crap and all the usual bullshit that occupies the lives of many.
    Likes ~ReggieRebel~, Flâneuse, SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    1. INTJ 4W5 sx

3. Full-time magician/wizard/witch/bender whatever you want to call it. I prefer Mystic as a title myself. Basically never work again except on things that interest me. Interests include nature, earth, growing stuff, environmental causes but only ones with a chance of actually being realised. Fey realms, elemental realms, metalsmithing, ancient crafts, esoterics. Currently working on bringing this into reality.

Continuous and rigorous education and training. My mind is never happy unless it's preoccupied in something challenging. Bonus points if that challenge is physical on some level to
    o.

Develop a deep understanding of nature, and learning to live in harmony with it, lightly on the land and learn from, rather than master, natural processes. Pass that knowledge on, when and if, others desire to know it.

Dedicate my life towards inner growth, nurturance of the planet, and whatever causes I decide to take up in the future.

Decouple from modern life to the greatest extent possible. In that I mean, reduce my reliance on currency, jobs, medicine (by maintaining health) and social constructs like the race for wealth, having a life partner, the collecting of crap and all the usual bullshit that occupies the lives of many.

0kay......can i come and live in your world?? pretty please? that sounds like awesome serious fun....a life wellspent with few regrets.
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~
    Likes Chthonic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    1. ENFJ 1w2 (136) sp/so

2. Graduate student (organic chemistry, PhD)

3. Don't have one, actually. I do however, have types of attributes I'd like to see in a job that are "dream job apsects". This gives me breathing room and thus doesn't pigeon hole me into one path. I'll explain them in conditions.

4. Management position. Something that will allow me to direct people, "crowd herd", deal with logistics of people, projects, resources (sans money/financial things), and time tables. Something that involves face to face interaction, and frequent meetings with others. Because of my career path, I suspect this will involve organic chemistry in some manner. While I love science, as I get older I am finding that this is, in a way incidential. Essentially, because I have a lot of expertience with science, people, management/leadership, I want to blend them together. As I see it, I don't think there are explicit positions for this, but I will find something that fits closest to these.
    Sure there is, project management. As most of what I recall of organic has to do with synthesis, the closest overlap I can guess to organic chem, would be scaling up production processes from the lab to plant (err, 'refinery'-plant, not 'poison ivy'-plant), in conjunction with Chem Engineers.

A more direct path there would be through IT / programming...
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

1. INTJ 4W5 sx

2. Full-time traveller, I get paid to travel and pour the occassional coffee. It was exciting once but after nearly a decade it's become dull and tiring. But it's super easy and I work low hours. It certainly has the power of leverage and gives you options in life other than focusing exclusively on that particular job.

4. Conditions.

Continuous and rigorous education and training. My mind is never happy unless it's preoccupied in something challenging. Bonus points if that challenge is physical on some level too.

Material needs must be covered financially which is why I'm creating a business around my pursuits to tick that box as well. To all intents and purposes I will become a business owner, for my intents and purposes I will utilise my understanding of universal forces to bring about material change.

*puzzled*....

oh! (brightens suddenly)

A Jedi !
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes Chthonic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

1. INTJ (quite a few of us are replying here)

2. research physicist (on paper)

3. research physicist (in actuality)

4. The distinction between (2) and (3) is all in the job environment. There is so much bureaucracy, administrivia, and managerial garbage in my current position, we hardly have any time to do real research, which is supposed to be the main duty of the job. My conditions are numerous:

a. an adequate livelihood
    b. whatever I need in terms of equipment, materials, facilities
    c. enough funding to travel and publish
    d. access to colleagues of various expertise/background (one of the few things on the list that I have now)
    e. a couple of students to work on projects with me; perhaps some part-time clerical support as well
    f. ability to make my own hours, come and go as I please, and work when and where I decide it makes sense to do so, guided only by the requirements of the work and the need to interact with students/staff
    g. no mindless reports, makework budget drills, presentations to technically challenged "higher ups"; no micromanagement of any kind. In fact, no management but my own. Colleague interaction and peer review suffices for the rest.

The only way I know of to get all of this is to be independently wealthy. I am currently applying for a new job, which would provide a good measure of it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

How did you get your full time travelling job omg. How does one become you? I wasn't sure if a job like that even existed or how you would get into it.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

This was sung to me in a daydream I was having one day and I've since gone on to achieve some parts of this. I fill most of my time pursuing the rest.

"The secret to happiness is low expectations." ~ Barry Swartz

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Chthonic, ~ReggieRebel~, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

@Spanky...so i just now watched that clip after a shity couple of days bemoaning my impending choice paralysis. Talk about an ahah! moment. here i was wonderimg of i was the only one who saw what was glaringly obvious, and thanks to him....im not. cant say thanks for posting sincerly enough to suit me......but thank-you very much for that snipet