Hi! I am a Junior in high school and I am currently directionless in life. I don't know my MBTI type yet, so I can't assess what careers I may think about. I am pretty much lost in life and I don't know what to do with myself. I have the potential, I just don't know what to do with it. My career path is a blank slate at the moment because I can do so many things with my life. I am a straight A student but really don't care much about grades as long as I get to learn. Thus, academics is not a problem.
Can you suggest some careers based on your experience and/or knowledge?
I want a job that:
- won't put me in a leadership role. I suck at making decisions, b/c I am so indecisive.
- is meaningful.
- will allow my to enjoy my down time aka. not having to bring work to home everyday.
- that will not keep me longer in school b/c I find regular classroom interactions boring. The though of going to Uni freaks me out!
- that will not require me to commit to some career goal far in the future. (basically I don't want to go to Uni, then med school, then training, and finally qualified to do job)
- that that preferably has some hands on work.
- that offers a bit of variety, but not excessively so.
- that will not require me to spend my entire workday in front of a computer.
I don't care about the pay or the travel time. I'd like all of the things on that list, but you can suggest careers that fulfill most of those listed items. Thanks!