User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any polymaths out there?

The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    6w7 sp/so
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I originally posted this in the polymath pact group, but then I thought that this forum has so many more people who are "scanners" than those that joined.

BTW, "scanner", is a term that I first learned about from Barbara Sher's book "Refuse to Choose".

I am a polymath, though I force myself to do a task if necessary.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    Ygolo I guess you went into deeply into all things you mentioned, but if you jist scratch on the surface millions of things its not as easy to get money that way

But it wouldnt be easy if we were stupid either so perhaps no reason to complain hah!

I didnt finish MD, dropped out at 3rd yr, and of course 98% things i learned were by myself ,but i have medical doctors i never met calling me on the phone with "hello, i am doctor x, doctor y gave me your phone number, i need your help wit my health condition" - a true story happened 2 days ago i have Gregory House, MD reputation so i may know tons but again i am not allowed to give medical advices or prescribe meds, that is one example where i cant really use my knowledge without being once accused of being a charlatan
    Do you charge these doctors who call you?

My rate for working on robots is 25% more per hour than I asked for. Perhaps you're selling yourself short?

Edit: Also, until three years ago the highest biology class I had was (non AP) biology in high school, and the equivalent of first year college chemistry (or AP High School chemistry). I was never trained formally in robotics, and I didn't even see anything resembling industrial robotics till two weeks before I got things working. "Deep" is a relative thing, I suppose. I seem to give off the impression that I know what I am doing, but that's not intentional.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Member Array
    7w8 sx/so

ygolo, nope I dont want to charge and also there are few differences here ; i am in eastern europe - we are more formal education oriented etc but also i already lost interest in medicine and very soon i will be out of the currents and wont have the knowledge to be expert. Etc. You cant keep being good at something if you leave that field.
    It is too much work for me and i cant commit to it. I was going back to medical school 2 times and each time i had dropped out. I even thought about going 3rd time but now i just see that my personality will never change, it is too much commitment, i cant do it.
    I am currently on a path to finish MSc in Psychology but I am not any more into that as well, but i have to get "some" degree. That is my only goal for now.
    I have many health issues so that is a factor as well, i dont want to do an office job, but it is hard to choose when you are tied down by health issues

Tempbanned Array
    N /A

Senior Member Array

After 20 years working various jobs and studying many interests I've finally got a concrete plan for the rest of my life. It's been great because all my careers and interests have amounted to something, giving me the working skills to finally run my own business centered around my favourite interests. The business idea is multifaceted enough to keep me multi-tasking and getting a good variety while I will need to continually learn about new ideas and interests going forward. The business itself is one that will grow and evolve over time, changing shape as it does so.

Permabanned Array

I'm polymath. A true Renaissance man. Reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci, so ask anything you want.

I wrote my suicide note. I cut myself on the table of contents. About 300 pages, where I ask myself various questions, like is there a life after death, or what's the space between the picture and the wall...
    Likes BlueScreen liked this post