Have you used one?

Did it help?

What software would you recommend?

What language have you learned?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've illegally downloaded rosetta stone on a few occasions trying to get better at spanish, but i always lose motivation and end up giving up on it. but it seemed like it would be really helpful if you actually stuck with it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just downloaded an app for my phone. i like it.

interested in learning french and spanish.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Software doesn't work for me.

I learn best when I dive into it and start reading something I want to (and consulting the dictionary on every word). It's a painful process, but it's fun and you really remember what you learn.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i just downloaded an app for my phone. i like it.

interested in learning french and spanish.
    Just now? Is it because i brought it up?

Anyway what is the software?

I am trying out babbel. So far i like it and the payment pattern is convenient and intelligent. However it does not have japanese and has a limited amount of languages to choose from. So i'm trying out spanish - for my trial period - to see if it is worth it.

But sadly i will have to drop it eventually because it doesn't have japanese.

Spanish has no practical value for me since i have no intention of going to a spanish speaking country for a long period of time. Whereas japan i might - i wouldn't mind working there - and i watch a lot of animes so the listening part of the language learning process i might get to cover with it.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Software doesn't work for me.

I learn best when I dive into it and start reading something I want to (and consulting the dictionary on every word). It's a painful process, but it's fun and you really remember what you learn.
    Wow that sounds hard but i realize the benefit of it. However you wouldn't get the pronunciation part right would you?

Also what languages have you learned like that? I assume you learned english that way.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i've illegally downloaded rosetta stone on a few occasions trying to get better at spanish, but i always lose motivation and end up giving up on it. but it seemed like it would be really helpful if you actually stuck with it.
    Was it good?

Reg spanish: I like to learn spanish but don't want to because it has no practical value where i live nor does it qualify as a skill since i have no intention of moving to a spanish speaking country.

But everyone says spanish is easy and i feel bad for having to drop it after one month.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Was it good?

Reg spanish: I like to learn spanish but don't want to because it has no practical value where i live nor does it qualify as a skill since i have no intention of moving to a spanish speaking country.

But everyone says spanish is easy and i feel bad for having to drop it after one month.
    Yeah it was good, I know a little Spanish so I was mostly going over stuff I already knew but it seems like a good system for learning a language for the first time.

Spanish is very useful here especially in California.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Wow that sounds hard but i realize the benefit of it. However you wouldn't get the pronunciation part right would you?

Also what languages have you learned like that? I assume you learned english that way.
    It wasn't exactly that way with English. I did learn most of it through reading though, but I started very young so it was quite natural.

I am trying to learn Japanese this way. I know quite a few Chinese characters, so that helps a lot.

What works is a very good grammar book. If you have at least the basic idea of how sentences are put together it makes it a thousand times easier.
    4w5 sp/sx EII