• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

for school which is better netbook or tablet with a keyboard?

xisnotx

Permabanned
you're full of it. You did not take that many notes in primary school

(and being in a bad mood is not an excuse for being a jerk)

I'm sorry.

I did though. Books and books of notes. We'd have 'blue book' type notebooks, 200 pages...and we'd fill around 5-10 of those every year. And we did that for at least 6 years. You want to see my bump? It's gone down in recent years...but back in the day it was huge! Lol

But, you're right, shouldn't take it out on you...so, to answer your original question..
Of the two options, I'd say a portable notebook. Tablets, I find, are more for internet browsing.

And to expand on your question..

When I was in college, I was always frustrated with note taking technology, so much so that I completely disregarded it and took notes the old fashioned way. I found it was more effective. Writing has always been the primary way in which I learn. Like, I write my own condensed version of the textbook, using multiple sources.

And in my senior year, I thought about a career in computer technology concerning just this. I wanted to develop software that would completely replace the keyboard and go back to the pen and paper. Except the pen would be a wand, and the paper, a tablet. I'd develop cloud based software (like Google docs) excepts you would actually write on it, instead of typing. Then, you could map your handwriting into text form, if you needed it to be official. Similar technologies exist...but none concentrated on note taking (which is huge) and none packaged convincingly with the appropriate software.

But, no money. And, no programming skills. :(

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm sorry.

I did though. Books and books of notes. We'd have 'blue book' type notebooks, 200 pages...and we'd fill around 5-10 of those every year. And we did that for at least 6 years. You want to see my bump? It's gone down in recent years...but back in the day it was huge! Lol

But, you're right, shouldn't take it out on you...so, to answer your original question..
Of the two options, I'd say a portable notebook. Tablets, I find, are more for internet browsing.

And to expand on your question..

When I was in college, I was always frustrated with note taking technology, so much so that I completely disregarded it and took notes the old fashioned way. I found it was more effective. Writing has always been the primary way in which I learn. Like, I write my own condensed version of the textbook, using multiple sources.

And in my senior year, I thought about a career in computer technology concerning just this. I wanted to develop software that would completely replace the keyboard and go back to the pen and paper. Except the pen would be a wand, and the paper a tablet. I'd develop cloud based software (like Google docs) excepts you would actually write on it, instead of typing. Then, you could map your handwriting into text form, if you needed it to be official.

But, no money. And, no programming skills. :(
I actually learn better through typing on a keyboard, don't know why. I think it's because I can make them look professionally formatted and I'm not looking at my writing and going "is that a "r" or a "l" ?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Definitely get a tiny laptop. For that kind of work, it beats a tablet any day .
csm_100-002_14_9df2ad66b6.jpg

csm_DSC_6050_01_ca5ecbe927.jpg

csm_DSC_6051_01_b25dd579e2.jpg

I have a (now old) acer("aspire one") notebook that is so tiny(11.6. inches), it is almost the same size as my Asus tablet. It gets the job done. HDMI movies to my pc, great built in microphone, i can even play World of warcraft on it. It does almost everything. It can be slow if you overload it, but it's not meant to be overloaded.

There is also a smaller 8.9 inch one by Acer; HP is also really good with tiny laptops.

and if you're a writer, get a livescribe, it's pretty magical, and I want one! :irked: