User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Average IQ and Competence

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    (No idea what my IQ is. I was never tested for anything, and my schools never did gifted programs. I would expect myself to be on the higher end of average, but I doubt I'd get into Mensa.)
    I'm no expert but your IQ is higher than this.

631 sp
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I've ready couple of books by Daniel Goleman, he's a forespeaker for Emotional Intelligence. According to him, it's probably the best indicator for person's success. At least far better indicator that IQ. Emotional Intelligence is all about understanding and controlling your moods, motivations and primal reactions.
    Yeah Goleman is a great reference ! Read his book "social intelligence" on holiday last year.
    He also taught me that a lot less is genetically defined than we think. And that the early years are very influential.

I also did a mensa test once. "Only" scored a 105 (after scoring 130 on their online test). I was unable to complete any category in time. But I had smoked 3 joints the night before. Guess I really did have a "high" IQ :p Most participants there seemed very T there to me. Sheldon Coopers and the likes

7w8 sx/sp

I'm purty smart (last test, 130ish) but I can be such a manchild fuck up, so therefore I'm dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell,
    This really is a good book (a little repetitive, I got the point about 1/3rd way in).

But yeah, it's more about someone having a good support system, or being in a fertile environment for that intelligence to flourish.

If you've got a low IQ, but work your ass off and say, have several good mentors, you can easily be WAY more successful that some genius that happened to be born in a butt f*** cultural/educational wasteland.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.