MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    60k a year after taxes.
    Yeah that's a lot of money. I only know one who does but he lives in Norway, where the cost of living is sky high.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    At least, not well. Poor people sort of stick to their own, and rich people tend to do the same.
    Very true. One of the reasons my highschool GF and I broke up was that (in her words) "She would never fit in with the yacht club crowd, and I would never fit in with the far west Jax rednecks".

As shitty as it sounds, having a (relatively) similar background can be really important to connecting with someone.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Very true. One of the reasons my highschool GF and I broke up was that (in her words) "She would never fit in with the yacht club crowd, and I would never fit in with the far west Jax rednecks".

As shitty as it sounds, having a (relatively) similar background can be really important to connecting with someone.
    Yeah. While I wouldn't say it's the most important.. it is something you'd have to be willing to actively work toward.

I am more comfortable dating people that aren't high maintenance.. I don't really want a dude more high maintenance than me. I mean, I could work on it definitely if a guy is good and worth it, no problem. But do I really have a desire to right now? Not really. Luckily I don't need to. While my current boyfriend has family more well off than I'm used to seeing, and grew up vastly different from me.. his mentality and the way he personally thinks is very different from his parents' lifestyles, and that makes it easy.

It is rather important, even if it isn't the most PC and optimistic thing to think about.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Okay, but a very large part of the population is composed of people who aren't either members of the yacht club or rednecks living in the woods (nothing wrong with either, btw). And they also somewhat "stick to their own" living in normal houses, going from time to time to the restaurant or having one vacation per year, etc.

From my perspective, I think cascadeco's breakdown was very good and something I may see as valid for most people I personally interact with on a daily basis.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Okay, but a very large part of the population is composed of people who aren't either members of the yacht club or rednecks living in the woods (nothing wrong with either, btw).
    Very true.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's fun figuring out how to minimize ones tax liability. I have a friend named ROTH you should get to know.
    Absolutely.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I wrote $500,000 in business this week.

That's comfortable.

MBTI
    INtP

I wrote $500,000 in business this week.

That's comfortable.
    What is it that you're doing these days, Disco? I know you've moved around a bit in the last few years. That is quite a nice-sounding number... I'm assuming that it's some sort of gross sales value?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    What is it that you're doing these days, Disco? I know you've moved around a bit in the last few years. That is quite a nice-sounding number... I'm assuming that it's some sort of gross sales value?
    Financial Advisor with Waddell & Reed.

That's assets under management (AUM) . Set up a couple of large Managed Allocation Portfolios (MAP) this week.

Been working on one of the cases for about a month (which alone should bring in about $1.1mm in AUM eventually). And the other case I banged out in a day because the client wasn't from town and can only get to our office so frequently.

Just trying to focus on tomorrow and not get blinded by the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

EDIT - What about you @kelric what do you do??

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I literally know nothing about financial investments and all that. I have a ROTH I contribute to occasionally, a traditional IRA that I've had via the army, and a single google stock.

My grand master plan is just to set up my living arrangements in such a way so that by the time I even get started in a career of some sort, I'll be massively debt free and owning everything.. so all of the income can be allocated into various savings and interests.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge