• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type, Major(s), Career(s)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Type: ENFP
Undergrad: Political Science Major
East Asian Languages and Literature or English Minor (enough classes to declare either one)

Career: For money -- Sales Account Exec and Membership Recruitment
Career: Not for money -- Volunteer work, community leadership and organizing, public speaking, events and arts organizing, Outreach/education (read: I Am A Hippie), dabbling in film/tv/radio production and performance

Prospective Career: Journalism, Film/TV, music industry, writing, events organizing, working artist - illustrator, make up artist, prop designer, blah blah blah

OMG, I sound like a 7 year old girl saying, "When I grow up I want to be a nurse-cowgirl- firefighter-princess with my own pony" :doh:

Well, dammit -- I WILL.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Type: INTP
Major: Chemistry and maths
Current career: Project management
Prospective career: Dunno. I'm happy doing what I'm doing for now, but it's easy to move around if I get bored.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Type: ENTP
Majors: Philosophy and Linguistics
Current Career: Student
Prospective Career: Writer-cum-professor, moonlighting as the Continental

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
Type: INtp
Majors: Law
Current Career: Student
Prospective Career: Lawyer, Jurist in Economy/ Finance

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP
Major: Psychology
Job: Cashier at Wal-Mart.
Future Career: Counselor or therapist or some sort.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
INFP
Some degree in audiovisual media (the finnish degree dont match with the international ones)
Unemployed for a couple of months now.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ
Political Science
currently a student/waiter
will probably go one of these routes:
enlist
federal law enforcement
some kind of criminal defense law

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Type: ISTP
Majors: Not sure currently. Most likely something in the IT field.
Current Career: Student/Engineering Intern.
Prospective Career: IT work, probably with a bit of auto mechanic work on the side. (It's something I like doing).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Major: B.A., Political Science, Fulbright Fellowship, German
Job: English teacher for German professionals at a private language school
Continuing Education: Diplom - Wirtschaftschaftsuebersetzer (approx. B.A. Business translation) in German-English/English-German - might move on to Spanish and French later on
Prospective Career: Professional translator, with a chance of becoming a professional interpreter with the correct training and experience. The possibilities are endless!!! :) Maybe go into writing. The other option would be to continue my education slowly, getting a master's and moving onto a doctorate in Sprachlehrwissenschaft, which is the science of language teaching. I could develop a whole new method of teaching languages, which would actually be neat if I were paid for it!!!

lm1982

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Type: ISFJ
Major: Youth and Community Work
Job: Sexual Health Worker
Prospective career: I'm in it?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Type: ESFJ
Major: Film and Media Arts
Minor: Business Studies
Job: just finished college; working in medical records at a hospital
Prospective career: motion picture producer

Last edited:

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
Type: ISFP

Major: Nursing, changed from Neuroscience

Job: Pharmacy technician

Prospective career: Nurse; not sure what area yet! I'd also like to get a Master's in Nursing at some point. Again, not sure what specialization.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Type: ISFP

Major: Nursing, changed from Neuroscience

Job: Pharmacy technician

Prospective career: Nurse; not sure what area yet! I'd also like to get a Master's in Nursing at some point. Again, not sure what specialization.

Why did you change from Neuroscience? (nowt wrong with that, just interested:))

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Type: who knows? (probably INFP I guess?)
Major: English major, Geology minor
Job: Textbook editing/writing (primarily middle school level with the occasional elementary or high school book thrown in; primarily language arts textbooks with the occasional history book thrown in)
Prospective career: anybody's guess--therapy, or more serious editing, or my dream career would be professor but I'm not sure I have the cajones for it.

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
Why did you change from Neuroscience? (nowt wrong with that, just interested:))

Hmm, good question! I thought Neuroscience was really interesting. I mean, it extends into so many different fields that its difficult to find an aspect of it that you wouldn't be interested in. I really didn't have a passion for it, though.

It was also setting me up for a career in research or academia that was completely wrong for me. I just have no interest in doing research, and academic snobbery drives me nuts. Nursing seemed like a much better career fit.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Hmm, good question! I thought Neuroscience was really interesting. I mean, it extends into so many different fields that its difficult to find an aspect of it that you wouldn't be interested in. I really didn't have a passion for it, though.

It was also setting me up for a career in research or academia that was completely wrong for me. I just have no interest in doing research, and academic snobbery drives me nuts. Nursing seemed like a much better career fit.

I can completely understand that. And if you're good with people, I definitely thing it's for the best.

At one point I was thinking of going into mental health nursing with the army. I felt that a good mix of the two, and it can progress into mental health/psych masters if you wish/with experience. My sentimental ideals sort of got in the way, though.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Type: ISTJ
Prospective major: Sociology
Current Career: Military
Prospective Career: Law enforcement officer/detective

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Type: INFP
Major: Failure
Job: Bum
Prospective Career: Vagabond

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The life of a bum can't be that bad. Wonder the streets freely, drink, do drugs and yell at inanimate objects.

It might appear that I'm mocking bums, but you could seriously have a kick ass time with all of that. If nothing goes according to plan, I may give it a go (not really).

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Type : INXP
Major : Engineering - dropped out, but qualified in profession later
Career : Senior Manager - Large firm of accountants - role in tax consultancy and staff development