User Tag List

First 123

I don't ever work overtime but I do find that on some level that the work I am doing is engrossing enough to take my mind off rumination/reflection etc. like nothing else does. Because my work has a purpose or meaning within the context of the company (I do the advertising so I'm playing a large role in keeping the wheels turning) I become content with working away at my tasks in ways being at home cannot match (at home no task seems to be orientated towards "improving" my life) to the point where I would actually experience enthusiasm for certain projects and would be actually willing to work overtime or late to finish it. If my work load was bigger then I could potentially see myself becoming a workaholic. But the task is important, some of the other roles are abhorrent.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I probably used to be. I worked 12 - 14 hour days for many years during the week, getting 5 hours of sleep a night. Then I was so exhausted I'd sleep 10 - 12 hours on Friday and Saturday night. It was not unusual for me to work till midnight or 1 am on a regular basis. I did a number of 90 - 100 hour week stretches. I still work hard but try to get a little more balance. Maybe I work 50 - 55 hours a week now.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    What is your attitude toward workaholism? Do you think it's a healthy and honorable lifestyle? What goes through your mind when you witness someone who is addicted to their work?
    I appreciate workaholism. I'm there. Blood, sweat, and tears, to do the extraordinary, when everyone said it couldn't be done; frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Get out of my way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Yes!

... No
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I work to live, not live to work.

I suppose I could be, and at times, I'd say I am. However, I've found balance in being fully committed to work when I've projects and fully committed to time away when I'm not working. I feel it gives me more quality work and play.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

I can be. I go through cycles of workoholism and burnout.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield