failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dont think its a good idea, because of many reasons. For example people need to learn different learning styles(not just the ones that they like the most), school isnt just for learning facts from books. But learning human interaction as well and it would be really disadvantageous in this regard, as the kids would mostly just interact with people of their own temperament.

What needs to change is the teaching styles. Usually its most focused on certain learning styles, but needs to be broadened, so that all the types could learn easier. Luckily MBTI is used in teacher training, at least sometimes, but the MBTI training should be put more weight onto
    I agree with this. However I have a feeling that the bean counters wouldn't agree with the "economics" of it. I was thinking that they should be in the same school, but perhaps different classes/teachers. I have experienced one year of all boys class and my grades improved significantly. Everyone's grades improved. There were 3 girls in the class. But I guess their thinking was similar to ours, perhaps they had the same personality, more or less.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I think MBTI is a bit unreliable to use for such purposes. Even if we accept the underlying assumptions, typology is a tool for understanding different viewpoints and thinking patterns. If we split students by temperament, they will probably interact more with like-minded individuals instead of recognizing and accepting each others' differences, which would be more beneficial. I don't see any ethical problems, it's just that it wouldn't be advantageous.

The studies I've read suggest that dividing students by other factors (social class, IQ etc.) is not a great idea either. The resources used to segregate students based on whatever traits could be allocated to talent recognition, so some of the children more talented in arts could develop their abilities in a healthier manner instead of adapting to the one-size-fits-all STEM-biased educational model.
    everything goes

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    At least you don't have that in common.

May I present, a MAD wanker shouting the MADDEST bits of the Internet aloud forever.
    Heh.
    Haters gonna hate. But what can you say, NATO propaganda carries the day.

"Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    If someone makes a claim about something, then they have to back it up with evidence. That is an accepted criteria in any rational debate.
    So i'm supposed to just take that on whim? So in a discussion you just claim stuff and go on. What's the point of making such an assertion in the first place then, if your not willing to back it up? Better call it something else then. I expected the objective to be what the objective of rational debates are, to make a rational point. Well, don't expect anyone to take you seriously in that case.
    The highlighted summarizes the situation. No one is compelled to support their assertions here, but if they don't they cannot expect to be taken seriously. I can only speculate as to the purpose of making unsubstantiated assertions. Perhaps it is a bit like the stores that overcharge every so often for items, knowing that some customers will ask for it to be corrected, but most will either not notice the error, or consider it too much bother to point out. This is akin to winning the bowling tournament because your opponents had travel problems and had to forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    I'll put them on my reading list. I'll review them. Just from a quick search on the WWW and finding a review on one of the books, it's already looking bad:

http://www.butler-bowdon.com/isabel-...ifts-differing

But I'll look into it.
    I strongly endorse @Salomé's recommendation to read Gifts Differing. It is the first reference I suggest to people interested in personality type, and does more than any of the many follow-on books to explain the origins and purpose of the system.

The strength of MBTI is not so much in theoretical underpinnings as in practical utility. Review the last paragraph on the link you posted:

One of the fascinating insights in Gifts Differing is that recognition and development of one's type may be more important to success in life than IQ. Isabel Briggs Myers saw personality type as being innate as left- or right-handedness; anyone who tries to be a right-hander when they are really a leftie is asking for stress and misery, whereas going with your strengths massively increases the chances of fulfilment, happiness and productivity.
    You'll have to excuse my sniggering, When someone posing as Gaddafi calls out "buffoonery" in others, it's practically mandatory.
    I guess I should quit "posing as" Greta Garbo until I'm ready to develop some acting skill, or at least learn Swedish.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I guess I should quit "posing as" Greta Garbo until I'm ready to develop some acting skill
    False modesty becomes you not at all. I'd say a fair number of people find your act(ing) perfectly convincing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

False modesty becomes you not at all. I'd say a fair number of people find your act(ing) perfectly convincing.
    I'm not surprised, as I find it hard to pretend to be something I am not. Honesty does seem to be the best policy.

Still, it might be interesting to study Swedish.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    No, but it would be advantageous to split by learning style, and to keep people with conflicting or near opposite personalities away from each other.
    This! Bring some actual focus on learning into the school system; the way it is it's like being in a 5 year reality show or some shit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

/personalitycafe

MBTI
    INTP

No.

Being around others teaches social skills, conflict resolution and compromise.

So if a stereotypical ESFP hates an INTJ/INTP for being his or her stereotype (,i.e. geeky, intellectual) then the ESFP can accept that intellectualism is required in humanity and the INTJ/INTP can accept that the ESFP is not shallow and boring and something to offer.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    No.

Being around others teaches social skills, conflict resolution and compromise.

So if a stereotypical ESFP hates an INTJ/INTP for being his or her stereotype (,i.e. geeky, intellectual) then the ESFP can accept that intellectualism is required in humanity and the INTJ/INTP can accept that the ESFP is not shallow and boring and something to offer.
    How much enforced time in each other's presence is required to establish this realization? Learning the social skills you describe is fine, but shouldn't negatively impact learning everything else we are supposed to learn in school.