User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Here is the problem. Since you made the assertion that there is Research or studies that show that "MBTI is responsible for abilities", it's on you to present them, to show that my previous assertion is wrong. It's called burden of proof.
    I made no such assertion. You, in fact, made an assertion which I merely contested by referring to data that most even casual typology students will be familiar with. If my claims were remarkable or my sources esoteric, I might indulge you. As it is... We have both made claims which we haven't bothered to substantiate. The only difference being that yours is both logically and empirically unsound.
    Remarkably, the world continues to spin on its axis.
    Well, don't expect anyone to take you seriously in that case.
    You seem to be taking yourself seriously enough to save anyone else the bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I made no such assertion. You, in fact, made an assertion which I merely contested by referring to data that most even casual typology students will be familiar with. If my claims were remarkable or my sources esoteric, I might indulge you. As it is... We have both made claims which we haven't bothered to substantiate. The only difference being that yours is both logically and empirically unsound.
    Remarkably, the world continues to spin on its axis.
    But you did and you mentioned data to back yourself up. How was my assertion logically and empirically unsound? I've read extensively in psychometrics and intelligence and ability, it's part of the the psychology class that I've taken, added to the fact that I read neurobiology. I've never seen MBTI being cited as related to ability. It has more to do with employment screening than "intelligence". Pick any serious academic literature/study you want. If you have anything to the contrary, then please indulge me.

You seem to be taking yourself seriously enough to save anyone else the bother.
    I'm just following standard criterias for debate. In any discussion, whether it's a university paper, a internet discussion board, a classroom, a conference podium, even everyday life, people use sources or cite the information within the sources or its publisher. If you want your counter-debater to acknowledge your points, that's how you do it.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

How was my assertion logically and empirically unsound? I've read extensively in psychometrics and intelligence and ability, it's part of the the psychology class that I've taken, added to the fact that I read neurobiology. I've never seen MBTI being cited as related to ability.
    Then your reading hasn't been extensive enough. MBTI does not measure ability or intelligence, but there are correlations between ability and type (suitability, might be a less contentious word). It's the entire premise of the instrument's development. (See Gifts Differing and the MBTI manual.)
    You can question its validity as a psychometric instrument, but it's futile to contest the well-documented foundations of its development.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Then your reading hasn't been extensive enough. MBTI does not measure ability or intelligence, but there are correlations between ability and type (suitability, might be a less contentious word). It's the entire premise of the instrument's development. (See Gifts Differing and the MBTI manual.)
    You can question its validity as a psychometric instrument, but it's futile to contest the well-documented foundations of its development.
    I'll put them on my reading list. I'll review them. Just from a quick search on the WWW and finding a review on one of the books, it's already looking bad:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom butler Bowdown View Post
    Final comments:
    Isabel Briggs Myers’ lack of formal psychology qualifications ensured she would never be fully accepted by the psychological establishment. Some have questioned whether she interpreted Jung correctly, and therefore whether the whole methodology for identifying personality type is unsound. Jung himself was wary of applying his general principles to particular individuals, and skeptics also charge that the type explanations are too vague and could apply to anyone. Judge for yourself. You may find, if you take the test or a variant of it, that the description given of you is remarkably accurate; it may explain much about yourself and people close to you.
    http://www.butler-bowdon.com/isabel-...ifts-differing

But I'll look into it.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'll put them on my reading list. I'll review them. Just from a quick search on the WWW and finding a review on one of the books, it's already looking bad:
    Relying on the opinions /credentials of others is the height of intellectual laziness. But you know this, given that you're such an excellent scholar who sees himself as a MBTI expert without ever examining the introductory texts...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Relying on the opinions /credentials of others is the height of intellectual laziness. But you know this, given that you're such an excellent scholar who sees himself as a MBTI expert without ever examining the introductory texts...
    I said I'll read them, that's more than most would concede here, and that's a promise. It's not intellectual laziness, it's called preliminary anticipation, but I don't see anyone being free from that. You'll have to excuse my skepticism. I don't see the point in being snarky from your side.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You'll have to excuse my sniggering, When someone posing as Gaddafi calls out "buffoonery" in others, it's practically mandatory.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

You'll have to excuse my sniggering, When someone posing as Gaddafi calls out "buffoonery" in others, it's practically mandatory.
    Gaddafi is a funny guy, hipster-punks not so much. Yeah, I do find the suggestions of applying mbti to revamp the current western education system, excessively ridicules and buffoonish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Gaddafi is a funny guy,
    At least you don't have that in common.

May I present, a MAD wanker shouting the MADDEST bits of the Internet aloud forever.
    Heh.