User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont think its a good idea, because of many reasons. For example people need to learn different learning styles(not just the ones that they like the most), school isnt just for learning facts from books. But learning human interaction as well and it would be really disadvantageous in this regard, as the kids would mostly just interact with people of their own temperament.

What needs to change is the teaching styles. Usually its most focused on certain learning styles, but needs to be broadened, so that all the types could learn easier. Luckily MBTI is used in teacher training, at least sometimes, but the MBTI training should be put more weight onto
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

no no no no no. fuck no. nope nope. bad idea. counterproductive. counterintuitive.

teamwork makes the dream work, or so a chinese fortune cookie once told me.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

What a buffoonish question. No..... because there is no correlation between academic/intellectual functioning and MBTI. MBTI is not a measurement of how well you do in a maths/english class. It's simply a theory about personalities and cognitive inclinations. There is no evidence that you're going to do better in a calculus class as INTJ than a ESFP.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^
    Simply not true. There are stats, look them up.

I think INTPschool is a great idea, personally. I think minority types would really benefit from classes tailored to their needs, interests and learning styles, instead of everyone being subjected to the boring SJ left-brain bullshit most kids currently endure early in their education. You would see far fewer NP dropouts, I predict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ^
    Simply not true. There are stats, look them up.

I think INTPschool is a great idea, personally. I think minority types would really benefit from classes tailored to their needs, interests and learning styles, instead of everyone being subjected to the boring SJ left-brain bullshit most kids currently endure early in their education. You would see far fewer NP dropouts, I predict.
    What statistics? Post them here please. You realize it's a personality theory right? It's not a pedagog concept or even a scholastic one. It's used as a mainstream test, as a sort of approxomite yardstick by certain companies to gauge peoples social compatability in workplaces. It isn't a recognized educational concept.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

I dislike the idea of a personality based system of learning. I do however think that tailoring learning toward an individual's cognitive preferences could be beneficial. I like the idea of a learning situation that focuses on utilizing natural abilities toward societal progression. I think that often times people confuse personality (which can be shaped by so many things or even a lie) and the way the brain naturally takes in and processes information. However, that being said, there would need to be more information available to construct a system.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    What statistics? Post them here please. You realize it's a personality theory right? It's not a pedagog concept or even a scholastic one. It's used as a mainstream test, as a sort of approxomite yardstick by certain companies to gauge peoples social compatability in workplaces. It isn't a recognized educational concept.
    I have no interest in doing your research for you.
    But it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands anything about this theory that different types tend to be drawn to (and consequently excel in) different fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I have no interest in doing your research for you.
    But it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands anything about this theory that different types tend to be drawn to (and consequently excel in) different fields.
    Here is the problem. Since you made the assertion that there is Research or studies that show that "MBTI is responsible for abilities", it's on you to present them, to show that my previous assertion is wrong. It's called burden of proof.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Here is the problem. Since you made the assertion that there is Research or studies that show that "MBTI is responsible for abilities", it's on you to present them, to show that my previous assertion is wrong. It's called burden of proof.
    The burden, as you so call it, is a consequence of one's objectives. If Salomé does not wish to convince you or anyone else of the validity of her claims, then she is freed from such a burden. She presented you with information that you can choose to believe or disbelieve on faith, but about which you have the ability to learn on your own. It is up to you to decide what your actions will be.

Some people (myself included) simply wish to present information to catalyze others to learn for themselves. It isn't up to us (her) to force-feed them (you).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    The burden, as you so call it, is a consequence of one's objectives. If Salomé does not wish to convince you or anyone else of the validity of her claims, then she is freed from such a burden. She presented you with information that you can choose to believe or disbelieve on faith, but about which you have the ability to learn on your own. It is up to you to decide what your actions will be.

Some people (myself included) simply wish to present information to catalyze others to learn for themselves. It isn't up to us (her) to force-feed them (you).
    If someone makes a claim about something, then they have to back it up with evidence. That is an accepted criteria in any rational debate.
    So i'm supposed to just take that on whim? So in a discussion you just claim stuff and go on. What's the point of making such an assertion in the first place then, if your not willing to back it up? Better call it something else then. I expected the objective to be what the objective of rational debates are, to make a rational point. Well, don't expect anyone to take you seriously in that case.