User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    That's essentially what you're doing. And it's not about similar types, it's about not living a life around people you don't like or are incompatible with.
    Yes and I still believe it's a life of an ignorant...Because we have love, we have hate, we have pleasure, whe have pain and so there are people we love and so there are people we hate. How would you manage it not to meet people you don't like anyway? Would build a wall? Or a special blocks like special ISFP block and special ENTP block so the people won't get into contact? I think you still don't understand it's not possible to avoid meeting and interacting people like this. Or you could never come out from home so you don't have to meet anyone at all...that would be the best approach.

The idea is to minimize interactions with people you don't like, and to instead focus on other things. So when I see people trying to force these interactions while citing some BS excuse (like they need to learn how to work together, or it builds a stronger team) I start smelling bullshit. Sure, learn how to work with them (if that's even possible) or how to navigate the waters to survive such interactions, but how long does that take? Not very. My second point is that people use noble goals (or whatever sounds nice and valid) as their bullshit excuse to do rotten/stupid things like this. Some people just like screwing others over and are obsessed with making everyone miserable.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think it's a good idea. People need to learn to get along with different personality types. Placing yourself in your own temperament bubble is just further removing yourself for reality. Maybe it would be okay for a couple of classes but not most of the time.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Anew Leaf

One needs only to gaze momentarily into the abyss that are the dedicated to one type forums to answer this concept.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

This thread is still a thing?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    One needs only to gaze momentarily into the abyss that are the dedicated to one type forums to answer this concept.
    Also this.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    I think forcing people who don't like each other to work together doesn't build character; it's just wasteful and destructive. That, and someone always loses.
    My sympathies transcend Kersey temperaments. I don't know how you'd be doing me any favors by lumping me in with ESTP 7s, especially considering the type of neighborhood I grew up in.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    How would splitting students into the four temperaments (SJ, SP, NF, NT) affect education as a whole, and would it be ethical to split students into those groups? The students would still go to the same school, but perhaps they divide the school in 4 for each of the temperaments, and maybe some classes could overlap between 1 or more temperaments.

Also, if you use Socionics, do you think that its quadrants (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) should be used instead of the temperaments?
    Is it ethical? Not in my opinion as it is akin to discrimination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea. People need to learn to get along with different personality types. Placing yourself in your own temperament bubble is just further removing yourself for reality. Maybe it would be okay for a couple of classes but not most of the time.
    Perhaps, but the totality of one's learning should not be jeopardized to ensure acquisition of this particular skill.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

garbage

There's precedent for the idea of using typological assessments (not necessarily MBTI, Socionics, etc.) to cater to learning styles. I've also been involved in using typologies for meaningful display of information, etc. etc. So, it's definitely possible to use typologies in presenting information, whether for teaching or other purposes.

'course, our good friend Dario Nardi has observed differences in learning style for those who 'use' different JCFs.

But, yeah. One needs to validate the hell out of whatever typology they're using before they use it. Our board's favorite typological systems have a long way to go on that front.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    There's precedent for the idea of using typological assessments (not necessarily MBTI, Socionics, etc.) to cater to learning styles. I've also been involved in using typologies for meaningful display of information, etc. etc. So, it's definitely possible to use typologies in presenting information, whether for teaching or other purposes.

'course, our good friend Dario Nardi has observed differences in learning style for those who 'use' different JCFs.

But, yeah. One needs to validate the hell out of whatever typology they're using before they use it. Our board's favorite typological systems have a long way to go on that front.
    I wonder if this will tie in with sequential vs visual spatial type learners. ref: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-s-can-do.html