User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Right now? No. The amount of effort it takes to slog through what my education requires is beyond what I can handle really. It's definitely wrecked large areas of my personal life. I am also starting to get the strong sense that the amount of work the careers I would have access to would be beyond what I could do as well. I am withholding full judgement until I get there in another 3-4 years, but I am quite apprehensive.

I have the mind and the raw skills to do what I do, more so than most actually. What I lack is the stamina and tollerance.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Right now? No. The amount of effort it takes to slog through what my education requires is beyond what I can handle really. It's definitely wrecked large areas of my personal life. I am also starting to get the strong sense that the amount of work the careers I would have access to would be beyond what I could do as well. I am withholding full judgement until I get there in another 3-4 years, but I am quite apprehensive.

I have the mind and the raw skills to do what I do, more so than most actually. What I lack is the stamina and tollerance.
    What field are you in?
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    What field are you in?
    Synthetic organic chemistry (in grad school going for a PhD).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Synthetic organic chemistry (in grad school going for a PhD).
    Yikes!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I suspect you will find that things will become much more manageable once you finish your degree. Depending on where you end up working, your career success will start to depend almost as much on navigating bureaucracy and selling your ideas or product than on raw technical competence. The balance in my job has tipped so much in this direction that I am trying to line up a new job.

That being said, my overall career choice and academic field have been more than worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat and cannot imagine doing anything else with my life. In many respects, I do see it as my life and not just my career.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Update: I'm gonna change this to a fuck yes.

I work in my field part time now. Making good money, doing something I love, and something I know will be there for me no matter where I go or what course my life takes. I guess full time was just too much. I love my current balance and am actually treated better at my side job for being so qualified in something completely unrelated.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I suspect you will find that things will become much more manageable once you finish your degree. Depending on where you end up working, your career success will start to depend almost as much on navigating bureaucracy and selling your ideas or product than on raw technical competence. The balance in my job has tipped so much in this direction that I am trying to line up a new job.

That being said, my overall career choice and academic field have been more than worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat and cannot imagine doing anything else with my life. In many respects, I do see it as my life and not just my career.
    I hope so. I made a very long post about it in detail on reddit last night explaining my situation, and I've gotten enough reassurance to stick with it for now. Part of the problem is, I realized I don't want chemistry to be my life. At least, not in the way of academia. I thought I did at the beginning, but it takes over your personal life if you go that route and it's something I've learned I am very intolerant to. I do not want my career to be my life.

I think so, I'm withholding judgement for now, as I have some short term and long term goals that haven't been fulfilled right now.