• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Type Corresponds with Income Per Time Magazine

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah. Those ENTJs are wiley. I must admit that the one ENTJ I know is also one of the most successful businessmen I know. And, the INTJs I know (and I know several) are pretty damn successful, too. They also rate pretty high in this article.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's possible but where are they getting their information from? 60k is pretty high to be the lowest average. Doesn't seem like a good sample.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's possible but where are they getting their information from? 60k is pretty high to be the lowest average. Doesn't seem like a good sample.
The narrow data range ($23K) also seems off, and there are issues with the methodology, or at least the analysis, some of which are mentioned in the comments.

Even stranger than that, if you follow the link to http://careerassessmentsite.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the graphics, you will see that one of the sources listed is Typologycentral.com! So, are they getting their questionable data partly from us??

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That does seem a a bit high, since $50k was the median US household income in 2011. And for it to be household, one would have to separate out the earning power of each income earner (for multi-income households), which seems a bit difficult. There would also be interactions based on gender income disparity, so that more women being Fs would make the reported income of Fs lower because of gender alone.

On the other hand, I'm definitely over-achieving for an INFP... I need to slack off, apparently.

Sunny Ghost

Those were my thoughts when I first came across it. I'd be content with $60k.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I agree, that household business might really foul up the data. A household is quite likely to have 2 income earners of different types. Regardless, the results are not too surprising in the sense that extroverts and judger's rule the roost.

Kind of nice to see MBTI get some play in the mainstream media though.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
So do personalities make income, or is it the other way around? Does a circumstance make for personality, or does personality inform the circumstance, as this article implies?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Putting it all into context though, an INFP is not as materialistic as an ENTJ and an INFP with a low income is most likely to be happier about their income than an ENTJ with an average income.

Sunny Ghost

Putting it all into context though, an INFP is not as materialistic as an ENTJ and an INFP with a low income is most likely to be happier about their income than an ENTJ with an average income.
I agree with this statement. And not just the INFP's, but certain personality types seem to care less for material things or large sums of money, and would rather kick back a bit more in life.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Figures, ISFP is one of the ones that make the least.
Apparently we are one of the most likely to have a low IQ as well.

My parents are both ISTJs and only make about $20,000 a year each but that's because my Dad was laid off from a job that we was getting 80k/year for. (He was working for a tire factory and he was laid off during the automotive recession)

I kind of figured that J types on average are probably going to make more than P types.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
surprised it's so high for ENFPs

help+me+i'm+poor.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
surprised it's so high for ENFPs

help+me+i'm+poor.jpg

Good going, team! We didn't come in last! :hifive:

I'm surprised the ENTPs are actually lower than the ENFPs on this chart. I mean I know this isn't really a totally feasible source of information but I would have thought ENTPs would have been the Ne-doms to come out on top. Then again, I guess since the top 2 are ETJs Te is one's guide to makin' bank.

Also INTPs are supposedly making more than ENTPs? Interesting.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the ENTJ's are to blame for everything.

Always suspected!
Down with ENTJ's and their capitalist exploitative ways.

I agree the data and methods are highly suspect. Another thing is that "households" (<--I don't know how this is defined) I'm pretty sure don't make up the majority of the population, or at least are a narrow majority. What about college students, single young adults, single parents (which might be considered a household), etc.? Do you have to own a house to be a household? Was this a survey conducted by land telephone line? That would really skew the results. And there are tons of people who make way less than 60k/yr who aren't represented in this.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the ENTJ's are to blame for everything.

Always suspected!
Down with ENTJ's and their capitalist exploitative ways.

I agree the data and methods are highly suspect. Another thing is that "households" I'm pretty sure don't make up the majority of the population, or at least are a narrow majority. What about college students, single young adults, single parents (which might be considered a household), etc.? Do you have to own a house to be a household? Was this a survey conducted by land telephone line? That would really skew the results. And there are tons of people who make way less than 60k/yr who aren't represented in this.