User Tag List

Default Take some surveys to help with business development class?

There are two business ideas I would like feedback on for a business class I am taking:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H6NP93L

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LTFSX6N

To foster more discussion, what did you think of the surveys?

What did you like about the idea implicitly behind the questions asked?

I did both surveys. I did like the simplicity of them both, only took a few minutes out of my time. However I was more or less indifferent to the topic of both surveys (which was alleviated by the short nature of the surveys.) The only criticism I could find was with survey two which decided to work on the idea that I would favour a film primarily on the industry that created it rather than the premises or ideas in the film. I like Hollywood and Indie films if it looks good and potentially interesting then I will consider watching it.

The surveys are short.

The first survey only two questions.

The second only 7.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I did both surveys. I did like the simplicity of them both, only took a few minutes out of my time. However I was more or less indifferent to the topic of both surveys (which was alleviated by the short nature of the surveys.) The only criticism I could find was with survey two which decided to work on the idea that I would favour a film primarily on the industry that created it rather than the premises or ideas in the film. I like Hollywood and Indie films if it looks good and potentially interesting then I will consider watching it.
    You don't like the medical industry?

What if it was a non-profit?

I did the first survey. Couldn't understand your second question, as the objective was not clear at all (so I couldn't answer if/how I would invest myself in this venture). I left my feedback in the survey.

A few things about developing good survey (questions):
    - clear, specific questions, that are free of false assumptions/avoid creating false dichotomy (are you measuring what you're aiming to measure? Validity; is your objective clear? Is that captured in the questions? Relevance; Your first survey wasn't)
    - answer key must be comprehensive yet clear and concise
    - be objective, no loaded questions
    - simple language (your survey was great in this regard)

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I did the first survey. Couldn't understand your second question, as the objective was not clear at all (so I couldn't answer if/how I would invest myself in this venture). I left my feedback in the survey.

A few things about developing good survey (questions):
    - clear, specific questions, that are free of false assumptions/avoid creating false dichotomy (are you measuring what you're aiming to measure? Validity; is your objective clear? Is that captured in the questions? Relevance; Your first survey wasn't)
    - answer key must be comprehensive yet clear and concise
    - be objective, no loaded questions
    - simple language (your survey was great in this regard)
    I suppose, I was looking for responses for people knowing only that there was an organization doing computational medicine. There were no specifics beyond that.

What about the second survey?

@Standuble
    I misread initially. So am I to take it that it makes no difference to you then whether a film is independent or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    @Standuble
    I misread initially. So am I to take it that it makes no difference to you then whether a film is independent or not?
    No. It makes no sense for me to dismiss a movie purely because of its origins. I would be letting prejudices screw me over. Terminator, Donnie Darko and several of the Star Wars films are indie films and they have all shaped my life in various ways.