13. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Money

2 15.38%
  • I love

11 84.62%
12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Is money more important to you than what you're doing or vice versa?

I'm wondering this. Pretend that you don't need money, just pretend, Would you take a job that earns a ton of money, but disliked. Or a job that earned a little money but loved?

edit: To clarify: Money is no concern in this situation.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I don't think I care for it anymore. Then again, I'm delusional.
    I don't care about money that much, of course I've never had to do with out. I'm sure if I had to, I'd feel differently. I live off very little a month, parents help me out a little, but I'd rather have a job I enjoy than a job that I was earning tons of money.I suppose if I had grown up poor I'd feel differently. It could also be the fact I'm an NF

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm assuming I still need to work to have this money. Because if I didn't need to work, I'd be doing volunteer missions of some sort. Or being lazy.

It depends entirely on the job vs suiting my needs. What I've always wanted out of life requires money (traveling.. You don't need much, but to do it right you do need it.) and so if I found a job that allows me to do that, I'd work it whether the actual job sucked or not.

If traveling had to be done on my personal time, I'd take a crappy entry-level job that I could disappear from for weeks on end without people whining about it vs a good job that required me to be there reliably.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm assuming I still need to work to have this money. Because if I didn't need to work, I'd be doing volunteer missions of some sort. Or being lazy.

It depends entirely on the job vs suiting my needs. What I've always wanted out of life requires money (traveling.. You don't need much, but to do it right you do need it.) and so if I found a job that allows me to do that, I'd work it whether the actual job sucked or not.

If traveling had to be done on my personal time, I'd take a crappy entry-level job that I could disappear from for weeks on end without people whining about it vs a good job that required me to be there reliably.
    I guess I should have made it clearer. Money isn't a concern in this situation, you have at least the basics covered, and are able to do whatever you want. Now you can't afford 72 siberian tigers (let's be reasonable)

MBTI
    yupp

I'm doing a new volunteer job which I absolutely love. And even though I'm earning no money, it's worth it to me. I'm gaining skills and I'm helping people learn english. I help adult students who don't speak english and it's great. I love it. Once I get more experience, I'm interested in going after a paid job as a classroom aide in adult continuing education classes. I don't want to teach a bunch of people at once. But I am good with one on one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I guess I should have made it clearer. Money isn't a concern in this situation, you have at least the basics covered, and are able to do whatever you want. Now you can't afford 72 siberian tigers (let's be reasonable)
    No tigers?! Do not want. >:c

Kk. In that case I think yeah, I'd stick to a crappy entry-level job that I didn't totally hate but I didn't love enough to dedicate real actual time to either.

I'm doing a new volunteer job which I absolutely love. And even though I'm earning no money, it's worth it to me. I'm gaining skills and I'm helping people learn english. I help adult students who don't speak english and it's great. I love it. Once I get more experience, I'm interested in going after a paid job as a classroom aide in adult continuing education classes. I don't want to teach a bunch of people at once. But I am good with one on one.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm wondering this. Pretend that you don't need money, just pretend, Would you take a job that earns a ton of money, but disliked. Or a job that earned a little money but loved?

edit: To clarify: Money is no concern in this situation.
    Well of course I'd do the job that I love. If money is irrelevant then why would you take a job that you liked less?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well of course I'd do the job that I love. If money is irrelevant then why would you take a job that you liked less?
    greed

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

greed
    Oh right. I'm not a fan of that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Oh right. I'm not a fan of that.
    me either